Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TORIENT not working properly in AutoCAD 2015

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
paul.petty
2803 Views, 2 Replies

TORIENT not working properly in AutoCAD 2015

Does anyone know if there is something that affects the TORIENT Rotation Base Point?

I am hoping someone can help. I just upgraded to AutoCAD 2015. We have been using custom button macros that use the Torient comand to keep text in a block at 0 degrees no matter how it is rotated. In several previous versions of AutoCAD it worked fine by rotating the Attribute text by the Middle Justification Point of each Attribute. Now it seems to be rotating the attibute text by some random point. This makes the Attributes jump to another place in the Block. The weird thing is that it is working correctly on one AutoCAD 2015 installation, but it is not working correctly on 2 other AutoCAD 2015 Installations. They all three use the same CUIX menu.  I also noticed it does not work corret even if you run the TORIENT command straight from the command line.

Does anyone know if there is a variable or something else that would change what rotation points TORIENT uses?  Below is an example of the code we use for the custom block insert buttons.

(Here is my Code for inserting a Fire Alarm Horn/Strobe Block. First it sets the layer, Inserts the Block "HS15", scale is based on the Dimscale, then runs TORIENT on the Last item to keep its  Attribute text at 0 degrees)

^C^C-LAYER;SET;FA-DEVICES-NAC;;-INSERT hs15;\(GETVAR "DIMSCALE");(GETVAR "DIMSCALE");\TORIENT;L;;0; 

Thanks for any thoughts, ideas or help!

Paul

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: paul.petty

Why don't you upgrade your block to a Dynamic block where you set that attribute parameter to always be at zero angle? Way better solution that been around for half a dozen versions now; we use it extensively here.

PS: if it works in one 2015 then the problem isn't the program, you have "something" different set or on or off. Post a DWG with the problem, I can't replicate the issue here like your colleague.
Message 3 of 3
levi.connolly
in reply to: paul.petty

Go to the computer it works on and got to the express Menu<<<<<Tools<<<<<System Variable Editor.... Then save a. .svf file to the server. Open the same dialog on the computer it does not work on and select Read. Then let us know if that works. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost