Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEDIT in 2015 not working

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
sbcadguy
1734 Views, 12 Replies

TEDIT in 2015 not working

I have always loved using the TEDIT command from the express tools.  I know it was retired some time ago but has been functional anyway.  Seems to be broken now in the 2015 version.  When I am finished selecting objects, all I get is this at the command line: <Entity name: FF183C00>

So.. Any alternate command that functions like TEDIT allowing you to select any type of anotaion object and edit them in the order selected?  Or a fix for the TEDIT.lsp file to get it working again?  

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: sbcadguy

No help to you but TEDIT works fine in plain AutoCAD 2015. Did you 'migrate' as part of the installation from an older version?
Are you just using it on an entity type that's not supported by the command?
Message 3 of 13
sbcadguy
in reply to: pendean

Did not migrate, always start with a clean install.  Using AutoCAD Architecture 2015.  Tired it on dtext, mtext, dimensions... does not work.  Seems to work on attributes within blocks though.. wierd.

Command: TEDIT
Select objects: 1 found
Select objects:
Unknown command "DDEDIT".  Press F1 for help.
<Entity name: FFAAAAE0>

Manually ran ddedit on the objects and that command works as expected.  I attached the lisp (as text) if anyone wants to look at it.  Maybe it's not the original tedit lisp from the express tools?  Though I have been using it for years and thats where I remember pulling it from.

Message 4 of 13
pendean

"Manually ran ddedit on the objects and that command works as expected. "
What does that mean? That seems to be your fix. DDEDIT command is gone starting in 2015: do yourself a favor and read up on dropped commands in AutoCAD's HELP file.
Message 5 of 13
sbcadguy

If you look at the command string that I posted, it seems that when you run tedit, it invokes ddedit on the selected objects.  But in the command string it says that ddedit is an unknown command.  So I ran ddedit manually to see if that command was actually working (it is) but for some reason, tedit is broken and not invoking it correctly (I am assuming).  But tedit still does not work.

Message 6 of 13
pendean

Apples and Oranges.
DDEDIT in 2015 is a shortcut in your PGP file. It does not exist as a core command anymore. Look it up.
The ET is calling the core command, it's not there, so it fails.

TEDIT works fine here in plain AutoCAD 2015. See this recent discussion with a similar issue as yours and the same fix I'm suggesting, so that we don;t keep going on about this thread 🙂

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/AutoCAD-2015-is-complete-garbage/m-p/5091644#M5...

Message 7 of 13
sbcadguy

Didn't notce that about DDEDIT.  So I looked at the lisp file that I have tor tedit and changed the entry for DDEDIT to TEXTEDIT but it still doesnt work.  Would you mind posting your tedit lisp so I can compare?  Clearly if yours is fine then mine got messed up somewhere.

Message 8 of 13
pendean

There is no TEDIT lisp file in EXPRESS folder in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 here. Is it called or located somewhere else?

Are you using the old TEDIT.LSP file from Jason Piercey, circa the year 2003, that was put out there to compensate for R2004 not having it for some reason? Are you still dragging that one around by chance?

Message 9 of 13
sbcadguy

It is the orignal Autodesk version.  They removed it around 2004 for whatever reason but said it was still compatable.  Worked for me up to 2014.  Guess something changed in 2015.  I'll try the one you posted.

Thanks

Message 10 of 13
pendean

Like I wrote, there is no TEDIT.LSP file anywhere in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 here on my PC or in my office of 30 other users.
So, delete all instances on your lisp from your PC/network, restart AutoCAD, and just type TEDIT and see what happens.
Message 11 of 13
sbcadguy

Correct, it has not been part of express tools for some time.  On a fresh install, tedit is an alias to start the textedit command (defined this way in the pgp file).  I removed that alias as a test to see if the tedit lisp would work and it didn't.  Neither the original or the revised one that you posted is working.  I guess something with 2015 finally broke this old express tool command.  I guess I will have to change my workflow until someone decides to fix the lsp file.  It was just really conveniant to be able to select multiple diffrent annotation objects and batch edit them in the order they were selected.

Message 12 of 13
catoscuro

Hola, les dejo la rutina TEDIT.LSP para autocad 2015.

Saludos

Message 13 of 13
threefold
in reply to: catoscuro

Gracias

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost