AutoCAD Express Tools

AutoCAD Express Tools

*Caddog
Message 1 of 10 (899 Views)

reference manager

899 Views, 9 Replies
10-08-2004 09:38 AM
Does anyone have a lisp routine that emulated the old xpath express tool Xpath? Yes I know about the new 2005 program reference manager that does that "same thing". I'm trying to load any drawings within a folder and any files within and sub-folder. Search and replace a set of letters. I.E. find \dd\ and replace it with \cd\. Please help.......
*Jimmy Bergmark
Message 2 of 10 (899 Views)

Re: reference manager

10-08-2004 11:58 AM in reply to: *Caddog
Drag and drop the folders from Windows Explorer into Reference Manager. Do a search and replace. -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "Caddog" wrote in message news:4166c139_2@newsprd01... > Does anyone have a lisp routine that emulated the old xpath express tool > Xpath? Yes I know about the new 2005 program reference manager that does > that "same thing". > I'm trying to load any drawings within a folder and any files within and > sub-folder. > Search and replace a set of letters. > I.E. find \dd\ and replace it with \cd\. > > Please help....... > > > > >
*Caddog
Message 3 of 10 (899 Views)

10-11-2004 11:40 AM in reply to: *Caddog
Drag and drop works great.....Thanks...... Does search and replace work with just pat of the path? "Jimmy Bergmark" wrote in message news:4166e41b_2@newsprd01... > Drag and drop the folders from Windows Explorer into Reference Manager. Do a > search and replace. > > -- > Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark > CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com > Take a look at > JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport > SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm > or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com > More on AutoCAD 2005; > www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm > > > "Caddog" wrote in message news:4166c139_2@newsprd01... > > Does anyone have a lisp routine that emulated the old xpath express tool > > Xpath? Yes I know about the new 2005 program reference manager that does > > that "same thing". > > I'm trying to load any drawings within a folder and any files within and > > sub-folder. > > Search and replace a set of letters. > > I.E. find \dd\ and replace it with \cd\. > > > > Please help....... > > > > > > > > > > > >
*Jimmy Bergmark
Message 4 of 10 (899 Views)

10-11-2004 09:58 PM in reply to: *Caddog
AFAIK you cannot just change \dd\ to \cd\. You have to use the the beginning of the path as well. w:\dd\ to w:\cd\ should work. -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "Caddog" wrote in message news:416ad262$1_2@newsprd01... > Drag and drop works great.....Thanks...... > Does search and replace work with just pat of the path? > "Jimmy Bergmark" wrote in message > news:4166e41b_2@newsprd01... >> Drag and drop the folders from Windows Explorer into Reference Manager. >> Do > a >> search and replace. >> >> -- >> Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark >> CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com >> Take a look at >> JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport >> SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm >> or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com >> More on AutoCAD 2005; >> www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm >> >> >> "Caddog" wrote in message news:4166c139_2@newsprd01... >> > Does anyone have a lisp routine that emulated the old xpath express >> > tool >> > Xpath? Yes I know about the new 2005 program reference manager that > does >> > that "same thing". >> > I'm trying to load any drawings within a folder and any files within >> > and >> > sub-folder. >> > Search and replace a set of letters. >> > I.E. find \dd\ and replace it with \cd\. >> > >> > Please help....... >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >> > >
franb
Message 5 of 10 (785 Views)

05-22-2013 11:30 AM in reply to: *Caddog

I know Reference Manager can edit reference file paths, but what about the utility that was in xpath where you could grab a load of files and globally change the file they were pathed to?  Say you are copying a bunch of files for another project and have updated the base file name to something new.  Xpath would let you change the path from ..\Base\SitePlan.dwg to ..\Base\BasePlan.dwg., or whatever your new base file name is.  Is there a utility out there that does the same?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 6 of 10 (778 Views)

05-22-2013 02:30 PM in reply to: franb
franb
Message 7 of 10 (773 Views)

05-23-2013 05:26 AM in reply to: pendean
Well, again, I understand and use quite often the Reference manager to change paths.
I don't want to change the path but to change the file it's looking at.

We have 30+ files that are looking at base TO10-site.dwg, for example.

That filename got changed due to some project scope, and now the base file is TO18-site.dwg.

I want to take those 30+ contract drawings and tell them to not look at basefile TO-10, but TO-18.dwg without having to open each file.
This is one site of about 20, each with 30 +/- drawings that need to change the basefile they are looking to.
Xpath would let you do this- not just change the path, but change the xref to a different file all together.

I don't see that capability in Reference Manager.

Fran.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 8 of 10 (771 Views)

05-23-2013 05:59 AM in reply to: franb

-XREF command, in a script file or a lisp, then use a free script processor like AUTOSCRIPT to run it through all the files: a core command you should explore to understand how it works and test to ensure you got it.

For automation HELP if you cannot do the above, you need to ask for help in the Customization forum, not in this forum about a dead and long-gone tool:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/bd-p/130

Remember to let them know what exact version of AutoCAD you are using: it's important.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
franb
Message 9 of 10 (768 Views)

05-23-2013 06:13 AM in reply to: *Caddog

thanks- I have ScriptPro, so I guess now it's a matter of writing a script that will do it, if I understand your reply.  I appreciate the help and will address the other forum if I need more help with the script.  thanks again. (we're in MEP and C3D 2012).

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 10 of 10 (765 Views)

05-23-2013 06:28 AM in reply to: franb
yes, ScriptPro is also good for the task: explore -XREF (there is a dash in the name) and ensure you get it to work in one file before you run it in all files.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.