*pop-error-mode*

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Slawomir_
8515 Views, 5 Replies

*pop-error-mode*

Hi!

Error is appearing when opening drawing (secured - read only) from network drive when performing TCASE in another drawing (at the step when one text entity was selected). I'm experiencing this error when I try to perform TCASE, TCIRCLE or TEXTMASK (it maybe not the full list). Along with this comes second problem when trying to save the first drawing: window message is showing (see figure at the bottom) and drawing cannot be saved.

This is the error reason. Opening drawing from network drive when performing no command in first drawing causes no problem. Is there any way to stop it from appearing when it unfortunately shows for the first time?

I've did a little community research and found no answear.

Error text:
Command: TCASE
(*pop-error-mode*) underflow.
Cannot invoke (command) from *error* without prior call to (*push-error-using-command*).
Converting (command) calls to (command-s) is recommended.

Command: TCIRCLE
Initializing...(*pop-error-mode*) underflow.

Command: TEXTMASK
Initializing...(*pop-error-mode*) underflow.

error.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Slawomir_

Are you saving the file down to a format lower than DWG2013? That's what the pop-up means (so stop it)
OR
AECTOACAD command might be able to fix your file(s) for you to continue http://www.ccadinc.com/autocad-tutorials-aec-objects.html
Message 3 of 6
Slawomir_
in reply to: pendean

Both: saving to the DWG2013 file format and AECTOACAD works well.

TCASE, TCIRCLE, TEXTMASK commands error remains, but is really easy to avoid. I need only to remember to open new drawing when no command is performed.

Thanks for link!

Message 4 of 6
GARY
in reply to: Slawomir_

i get this error a lot when editing polylines within autocad civil 2018 (drawing was born in civil 2018)

(*pop-error-mode*) underflow.(*pop-error-mode*) underflow. 

it has nothing to do with saving down from 2018 which it cant do without crashing. 

Message 5 of 6
GARY
in reply to: GARY

I get the same stupid error within 2017 too, then it locks up my acad 2017 drawing. i can still remember when working with polylines was so easy, now we get these random errors or it just doesn't work. end results it seems like it takes a lot longer to perform the same tasks that we used to do 15 plus years ago.

then when we point out the fact that acad doesn't work (some say we are complaining) we leave here feeling like we did something wrong. what would it be like if this approach was used after buying a new car from a dealer that would just stall at every red light. you take it back and tell the mechanic what happens and you get an fuzzy answer like we cant duplicated or Jim has the same model and he inst having any problems maybe you are putting the wrong fuel into it. WHAT??

at end of the day we as users want the software to work like promised.

Message 6 of 6
arcqiufeng
in reply to: GARY

i have solved the problem by rewrite the key function of expresstools.

see

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/pop-error-mode-underflow/m-p/9363429#M1012418

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost