AutoCAD Express Tools

AutoCAD Express Tools

shosler
Message 1 of 2 (293 Views)

Importing files to AutoCad and editing them

293 Views, 1 Replies
07-11-2013 09:38 AM

Ok, i would like to know how our old Cad guy would take PDF's from BlueBeam and put them in AutoCad.

Example: I added serveral notes to camera port detail in BlueBeam. Somehow our old Cad guy, would copy just that 1 detail and put it in model space. Its really cool because theres layers to the copied detail so you can edit/make changes in AutoCad. The importing kinda messed a few of the lines up, like the arc line caulking joints i made. AutoCad can select the caulking joints i made in BlueBeam and i can then delete them and make a new ones in AutoCad.

I figured out how to import a whole PDF document into AutoCad but the page you insert in not clickable/changeable and its the whole page.

I'm attaching what the old Cad Guy did. You can see that he imported just 1 detail and not a whole page. And its clickable/changeable.

Please help.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 2 (289 Views)

Re: Importing files to AutoCad and editing them

07-11-2013 10:30 AM in reply to: shosler
Again, in the wrong forum: let the forum admin know what your AutoCAD version is so that it can be moved to the correct forum.

PS: your file contains no PDF information, looks like you guy used a translation software to convert a PDF to a DWG file. He used a purchased or 3rd party program to do so, not an option if you only have AutoCAD.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.