AutoCAD Express Tools

AutoCAD Express Tools

CottageCGirl
Message 1 of 8 (105 Views)

editing same attribute in multiple, but not all blocks

105 Views, 7 Replies
04-21-2004 11:26 AM
--this application is for furniture blocks for retail store design--

I need to edit the room # attribute on multiple blocks within the same drawing for up to 40 room's, now I have to edit each block individually. How can I select a group of blocks (all different) and edit the room # attribute , then go to the next room etc.

I have tried the GATTE command and either it is not the right command, or I am not using it correctly

any ideas?
*Walt Engle
Message 2 of 8 (105 Views)

Re: editing same attribute in multiple, but not all blocks

04-21-2004 11:35 AM in reply to: CottageCGirl
This is the third time you have posted the same request. In your blocks, are all the tags the same? If so, the GATTE will work for each one - you will be prompted to change all of them. If the tags are different, then you have a problem.
CottageCGirl
Message 3 of 8 (105 Views)

04-21-2004 12:18 PM in reply to: CottageCGirl
I will have anywhere from 300-1000 blocks in the same drawing, all with different block names. All of them Have a tag called "ATT-RM". I want to change 10-20 blocks to the same room # at a time.
When I try to use GATTE, it only allows me to select one block at a time, not a whole group of different blocks, without selecting ALL of them.
I hope this is clear..
Thanks
*Walt Engle
Message 4 of 8 (105 Views)

04-21-2004 12:25 PM in reply to: CottageCGirl
Type GATTE, select one attribute and change to new number (or letter). Then it asks if you wish to process all X (the number of blocks you have that have identical tags) of them? with as the default. You can press the enter key to process all of them or type "N" (without the quotes) and process only certain blocks. If you wish to have different numbers for each one, then you will have to change each one.
*Edgetrimmer
Message 5 of 8 (105 Views)

04-22-2004 12:25 PM in reply to: CottageCGirl
Use the "find" command. It can handle attributes and it will let you select as many blocks as you wish to change without being global. Type text value you want to change, enter new value in window, select blocks, click "replace all" and BAM. -Edgetrimmer "CottageCGirl" wrote in message news:4343885.1082571990962.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > --this application is for furniture blocks for retail store design-- > > I need to edit the room # attribute on multiple blocks within the same drawing for up to 40 room's, now I have to edit each block individually. How can I select a group of blocks (all different) and edit the room # attribute , then go to the next room etc. > > I have tried the GATTE command and either it is not the right command, or I am not using it correctly > > any ideas?
*CottageCGirl
Message 6 of 8 (105 Views)

04-26-2004 06:23 AM in reply to: CottageCGirl
Edgetrimmer! You're the Bomb! very simple and I don't have to turn on all of my invisible attributes like I would using the Gatte command (Thanks Walt, but find is easier for my application)
CottageCGirl
Message 7 of 8 (105 Views)

04-26-2004 06:23 AM in reply to: CottageCGirl
Edgetrimmer!
You're the Bomb! very simple and I don't have to turn on all of my invisible attributes like I would using the Gatte command (Thanks Walt, but find is easier for my application)
*Edgetrimmer
Message 8 of 8 (105 Views)

04-30-2004 02:31 PM in reply to: CottageCGirl
You're too kind and you're welcome. -Edgetrimmer "CottageCGirl" wrote in message news:18099027.1082985837228.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Edgetrimmer! > You're the Bomb! very simple and I don't have to turn on all of my invisible attributes like I would using the Gatte command (Thanks Walt, but find is easier for my application)
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.