Did you mean: 

-dwgunits produces unknown command error

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ampster401
3501 Views, 3 Replies

-dwgunits produces unknown command error

Acad and Acad Elec 2014 with Express Tools loaded, both of those produce "unknown command" when attempting to run -dwgunits.

I discovered this problem following this Inventor topic;

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/AutoCad-3d-model-to-Inventor-2015/td-p/5092058

Not knowing where this command was found at first, I posted to one of the AutoCAD forums;

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/troubleshooting-missing-command/td-p/5093878

Since then I've discovered that the -dwgunits command is included in the Express Tools.

On the same system where -dwgunits produce an unknown command error in just Acad and Acad Elec, I am able to use that command in the following three vertical apps which are included in a Suite/s;

Acad Arch 2014

Acad MEP 2014

Acad Structural Detailing 2014

These sort of leads me to wonder if just the -dwgunits command is dependant on some sort of Suite tie-in but I'm not aware of any such limitations.

Due to the method we use to deploy our CAD apps, we'd prefer to not have to rebuild the deployment packages - as well as we are not able to use a "Repair" option with this deployment method.

Any suggestions as to where to look next, etc?

I've tried both the "expresstools" and "expressmenu" commands as well as manually reloading the acetutil.arx - no change in behaviour.

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ampster401
in reply to: ampster401

Tks to both rdyson and kstate92 for their replies in that Inventor thread, due to those suggestions I've discovered a couple of things,

I've already stated what I found with the Suite vertical apps of Acad that are working compared to the "stand-alone" installs not working.

Going by kstates92 reply to the Inventor thread, I'm noticing on the system that -dwgunits does not work that I am not seeing any of the "AEC" type msg's that usually appear on the command line before -dwgunits fully kicks in.

Now if I could figure out how to forcibly load those AEC commands/routines, maybe this can be solved!

Message 3 of 4
ampster401

Thank You kstate92!

Using your suggestion, I downloaded the OE for Arch and MEP 2014 and installed that - I now have a functioning -dwgunits command in Acad and Acad Elec 2014.

Not sure what the difference is, I never installed any OE's for 2014 on the system where it worked.

It's working now so I'm not going to put any more thought into it!

Thansk to those who helped, even though they may not know it!

Message 4 of 4
hmunsell

What we found in our office is it was the Civil3D Object Enablers that were causing the issue. DWGUnits worked fine with No OE’s. DWGUnits also work fine with the Architecture-MEP and Structural OE’s loaded. As soon as we loaded the C3D OE's the DWGUnits broke. Unfortunately just unloading the C3D OE's didn’t fix it, we had to uninstall AutoCAD and reinstall AutoCAD, then load just the Architectural-MEP and/or Structural OE's. 

Also tried loading the OE's in various orders, Arch then C3D, C3D than arch, etc... But load order didn’t seem to matter. If the C3D OE was installed, DWGUnits didn’t work.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost