Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command: txtexp Unknown command "TXTEXP". Press F1 for help.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
TKey_Luttrell
13040 Views, 9 Replies

Command: txtexp Unknown command "TXTEXP". Press F1 for help.

Command: txtexp Unknown command "TXTEXP".  Press F1 for help.

This occurred when i clicked Modify Text -> Explode on the Express Tools bar on the ribbon.  I have checked a few other express tools, and they seem to work.  Any idea what is wrong here?

This is on autoCAD 2014.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: TKey_Luttrell

What if you typed TXTEXP at the commandline?
Was ET installed as part of 2014, or did you by chance trigger a Migrate option during the install or before firt starting 2014?

If you type EXPRESSTOOLS at the commandline does it help fix the problem if you try TXTEXP afterwards?
Message 3 of 10
TKey_Luttrell
in reply to: pendean

same result when typing from the command line.

It was not installed with 2014, didnt realize it was off by default, so i went through change/uninstall and added it that way.

i get the same result from typing EXPRESSTOOLS

EDIT: I should post, i have two other versions of autoCAD installed on the machine (2007 and 2015).  We are in the process of making the change from 2007 upward.  but some of the plugins we need have not yet been updated to run on 2015, so we are using 2014 until such time.  But as far as i know no migrations were ordered.  I personally installed the software.  But its possible i missed it.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

I'm running 2014 and TXTEXP works just fine.
Message 5 of 10
rmetzger10550
in reply to: pendean

Great answer. Do you think that people post things here because they don't have other things to do? Obviously some people have problems with the software that you might not have. Does not mean they do not exist.

I have the same problem.  I'm using AutoCAD Architecture 2015. All I am trying to do is exploding some text to be able to extrude it and cut it out of a solid object.

I added expresstools in the add/remove features. Loaded the acetmain file. Expresstools appears on the ribbon, some features work but txtexp does not work. Typing expresstools does not help, typing txtexp doesn't help either.

But I'm glad it works for you...

Message 6 of 10

yep, I am still jammed up here. I have managed to get around it by exploding text in 2007, or hand drawing the text.

Message 7 of 10
pendean

Can't help either one of you then, might be time you both removed and reinstalled your software with ET: make sure your versions are updated as well.

How many people looked at your posts so far? Good luck.
Message 8 of 10
pendean
in reply to: rmetzger10550

I feel your pain: time for a dramatic fix instead of just waiting.
Message 9 of 10
MJONSSON

I have had this problem. The way to solve this is to:

First verify that other functions of express tools work, if they do...

then you have to load some files, so go to manage tab and hit  load application.

you may have to browse for files, but verify that acetest.fas and acetutil.fas are loaded (I am betting they aren't).

If you need to search for them use the file link:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\Express

The files you need should be in there.

Hope this helps someone.

Message 10 of 10
TKey_Luttrell
in reply to: MJONSSON

this worked, ty very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost