AutoCAD to Excel - Table made by line and text transfer

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
axezen
41628 Views, 20 Replies

AutoCAD to Excel - Table made by line and text transfer

Hello,

I have a table but not not made by table command but line command. I would like to transfer the text of this hand made table content to excel. I tried "DATAEXTRACTION" but I could not manage to get anything from it. I need your help.

Thank you

PS: I attached the file.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
dmfrazier
in reply to: axezen

Unfortunately there is no built-in command in AutoCAD that will do what you want.

See if this search result leads you to something that works:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2Clocation&location=catego...

Or this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=text+to+table

Message 3 of 21
axezen

Thank you Sir. From the links you've shared I understood that it is possible to do what I want by using list. I do not how to write or if I get a ready to work list, I do not know where to put the code in. I ve used some preprepared vba codes for excel but never i AutoCAD.

If you may forward me to someone who may help me, I will appriciate it.

Thank you.

Regards

Message 4 of 21
pendean
Message 5 of 21
dmfrazier

You're very welcome.

I understand your inexperience with AutoCAD and its programming interfaces.

Please see the attached file - hopefully this will help you get over this little "speed bump".

In the ZIP file is:

1. A copy of the DWG you posted.

2. A DWG in which the 'table" from your DWG has been converted to an AutoCAD Table object.

3. A CSV (Comma Separated Values) file made by exporting the data from the AutoCAD Table.

The CSV file can be opened in Excel.  It will probably need some clean-up.

If you want to know more about how this was done (so that you might do it yourself), just ask and I will outline the process for you.

Message 6 of 21
axezen
in reply to: dmfrazier

Thank you very much Sir.

I appreciate your help.

I definetely would like to do the process by myself next time, if you may give the directions.

Thank you again 🙂

Message 7 of 21
dmfrazier

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

If I recall correctly, you can get an AutoLISP routine named "CONVERT OLD TABLE" (COT_Convert_Old_TableV1.6a.lsp) from here:

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=35884.0

Save a copy of the LISP file in one of your support folders.

(The following is based on AutoCAD 2013.)

Launch AutoCAD and load the LISP routine.  You can do this with AppLoad.

Once the LISP is loaded, run it with the COT command.  Just accept the defaults.  (I got an error at the end indicating a bad argument type, but it didn't seem to affect the results.)

The text and lines should now be a Table object.

Select the Table, right-click, and select "Export".

Change the "Files of type" to "Comma delimited (*.csv)", browse to a folder, and give the file a name.

Now you have a CSV file that you can open in Excel. 

Message 8 of 21
selim.mahmud
in reply to: pendean

Hello,

Please need detail information autocad to excel  file.

Message 9 of 21
dmfrazier
in reply to: selim.mahmud

Have you tried following the instructions above?

Message 10 of 21
selim.mahmud
in reply to: selim.mahmud

Dear Sir,

I already attach the auto-cad drawing.Please make it excel file and send to me. I follow your instruction but this auto cad file can't open in excel file.

thanks with regards

Selim

Message 11 of 21

SIR I HAVE AUTOCAD LINE TABLE I WANT RO COPY PASTE IN EXCEL BUT I COPY PASTE IT . IT IS COMING IN IMAGE HOW I CAN COPY PASTE IN EXCEL BY TEXT

Message 12 of 21
pendean
in reply to: singhmanvinder66

Sadly you did not create a TABLE object in AutoCAD: all you have are random TEXT and MTEXT objects and a bunch of lines and plines drawn in rectangles.

TABLE objects in AUtoCAD are explained here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwjjgGYZLEY

If you did, you would simply right-click and export the content. With your 1400+ text/mtext it's going to be exceptionally difficult to do what you want.

Message 13 of 21
Raja_Shahbaz

how you convert the simple hand made table in to autocad table.

pleas teach me i want learnt it.

Message 14 of 21
grajchman

Did you find a solution?

Do you have a Lisp for this?

Message 15 of 21
dmfrazier
in reply to: grajchman

Have you tried the steps outlined in previous posts on this thread?

Message 16 of 21
axezen

Dear Sir,

It has been 4 years since the first post. I do not remember if I had followed the steps. If you have the similar problem, you may follow the steps to check whether it's going to solve the problem or not. Just give it a try.

Regards

Message 17 of 21
ZUBAIRMUSCAM123

use attached LSP file for easiest method to convert any table to excel format (text and line)
explode the table before using the lsp command

upload the LSP file using AP command then you can put converting command TE select all table (text and line) it will convert automatically to excel then save the file.

Message 18 of 21

Very useful, thankyou so much

Message 19 of 21
teamprs1
in reply to: ZUBAIRMUSCAM123

Great info, worked well, thank you!

Phil

Message 20 of 21
cucopro1012

can you please share the steps you took to convert a line and text table to convert to excel file?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost