AutoCAD Express Tools

AutoCAD Express Tools

Contributor
lygernight
Message 1 of 3 (632 Views)

AutoCAD 2004 ET (Download?)

632 Views, 2 Replies
04-01-2008 12:11 PM
Before anyone flames me for the ET's being on the 2004 disc, I don't have AutoCAD 2004 discs. I have SprinkCAD which is a build off of autoCAD2004 for Fire Protection Engineers. Autodesk has given the company who built the program to base it off of AutoCAD 2004.

That being said, is there a place to download the Express Tools tha are compatible with ACAD 2004? SprinkCAD won't supply them stating they don't support those add on tools, however I don't have a subscription from autodesk so I can't go into any members area and simply download them. Is there a way to obtain this any other way?
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 3 (632 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2004 ET (Download?)

04-01-2008 04:27 PM in reply to: lygernight
No, your vendor based their product on AutoCAD OEM 2004, not R2004 everyone
else bought, and it does not come with free Express Tools and there is
nothing to download for free unless your vendor has made them available to
you.

You can't legally get them without a purchase from Autodesk.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Contributor
lygernight
Message 3 of 3 (632 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2004 ET (Download?)

04-02-2008 07:39 AM in reply to: lygernight
Well ain't that a croc!

They won't provide them because they say their version of AutoCAD that they build comes with everything I need. But being a former AutoCAD user (previous company I worked for), I'm accustomed to doing things with those Express Tools. So I guess I'll have to work around it then. I'm certainly not going to ask the company to buy them seperately when they spend $5000 for the software as it is...it should have everything I need for that.

Just crazy....ah well, thanks for your input anyhow.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.