Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems With My Autocad 12 Drawing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
323 Views, 5 Replies

Problems With My Autocad 12 Drawing

Hi everyone, I'm having two problems with the attached Autocad 12 file. I believe they are two separate problems. 1. This drawing must have a plot override command activated because even though "monochrome.ctb" is selected in the Plot Style Table of the Plot popup window. Why won't this plot in black & white? I thought it was a setting in the Plot Style Table Editor but i've tried everything in there. 2. Simularly, I think there is some override command active that won't let me set the individual text sizes of my Dimension Styles in the Dimension Style Manager popup window. When I change the Dimension Style Text Size it changes most or all of the other styles. How do I change this? I thought it had something to do with the "Annotation" setting but I had no luck with that either. Any and all help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Mike.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Please note that my primary language is English but the Post Location would not give me an English option to pick. Spanish, French or Portugese were my only options.
Message 3 of 6
tmccar

Hi - in the Plot dialog box, if you click on the Properties button (to the right of the printer name), and then Custom Properties, is the printer configured to print in Color? If so, you can change it temporarily here, or change it permanently in Windows Control Panel - Devices and Printers.
Message 4 of 6
jackshield

POST FILE?

Message 5 of 6
pendean

1. Post a screenshot of your expanded PLOT dialog box from that file, make sure you post a high-res image. Capture your full AutoCAD program window too.

2. Why are you changing text sizes all the time in ONE dimstyle? Why don't you have many dimstyles, one for each text size that you need, that's the better approach and does not fight the program like you are trying to do.
Message 6 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> even though "monochrome.ctb" is selected in the Plot Style Table of the Plot popup window.

>> Why won't this plot in black & white?

Make sure that you have the visual style "2D Wireframe" activated, otherwise it does a kind of render which produces a true-color output and true-color values can't be converted by CTB or STB.

It might help if you select the viewport and show us a screenshot of the property windows so we see the visual styles and other properties handling the plot-style for that. (well, a drawing would be even better as the answer can then be given faster and more exact than guessing).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost