Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KIP vs OCE

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
swjones65
438 Views, 1 Reply

KIP vs OCE

I am looking for informed opinions on two wide format printer brands. We currently own an OCE TDS 700, and are considering the purchase of either Konica Minolta KIP 7700 or an OCE Plotwave 500. Does anyone have experience with Konica Support, and or reliability of their wide format devices? Are there any Autocad related issues that I should be aware of? Thanks, Stefan
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
M_Hensley
in reply to: swjones65

I had a KIP Starprint 3000 back when KIP was stand-alone. The printer itself was great, no complaints. The software that controlled it was very amatuerish, clunky and slow. The printer was capable of printing 22 D sized sheets per minute, but the software could only process 15 D sized sheets per minute. Also they did not have their own service department and they farmed it out to a local print shop. The print shop had several of the same model machines, so whenever our machine needed a new part they put a new part in one of their machines then brought us the used part for ours. As soon as the contract was up we got rid of them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report