cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire number Copies

Wire number Copies

When inserting Duplicate Wire Numbers, can we have an option to use a fence to insert more than one at a time.

Regards Brad

6 Comments

Do you mean wire number copies Brad?  I can't imagine intentionally wanting to insert duplicate wire numbers on separate nodes.

Icemanau
Mentor

Yes, sorry if I wasn't to clear on that.

Currently the insert is only where you click on a wire. It would be better to have the option to use a fence to insert a row of wire number copies and then have ACADE automatically insert and check them.

Regards Brad

mathalekar
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

When you insert a particular network, select "Pick individual wire" and keep mouse button press to select the area want to wire number (like ACAD selection method), does it resolve your requirement ?

Icemanau
Mentor

I am talking about the DUPLICATE WIRE NUMBER function and NOT the ORIGINAL wire number.

Your function works fine when inserting the original number but when you need to insert more than 2 or 3 DUPLICATE numbers in a group of wires, you have to select each one to select the insertion point.

A fence (similar to how the Multiple Component Insert works) would be ideal in this situation as it would cut the time needed to insert a number of wires at once.

Using the current system is clunky and trying to use the Multiple Component Insert tool is a bit hit or miss as a lot of times, the duplicate wire number comes in as ??? rather than displaying the wire number that is already inserted.

If the ability to use a fence OOTB within the Insert Duplicate Wire Number tool is added, it would cut the functions used down to one and reduce the time a large group of aligned duplicate numbers. It would also have to make sure that the block picks up the wire number rather than leaving it as ???.

Regards Brad

t_chaws
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi, 

We have noted your idea and included it in our research bucket

Thank you. Keep posting new ideas!

Best Regards, 
AutoCAD Electrical Team

Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost