cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Update

Title Block Update

When performing a title block update, the sheet maximum value should have the option of filtering just on the subfolder and only showing the amount of drawings in the sub folder.

7 Comments
rhesusminus
Mentor
Also, count drawings in The different combinations of section/subsection.
miles.nicholson
Advocate

I agree

WoHo
Alumni

Updating the title block for the whole project should have the option to set the maximum of sheets per project, per section/subsection, per subfolder automatically; I don't want to perform the title block update for each section/subsection, subfolder manually.

Also resequencing the sheet numbers should have the option to start for each section/subsection, subfolder with 1 (or any custom value).

Sometimes the sheet maximump per section/subsection, subfolder and project is necessary - 2 sheet max numbers.

WH

miles.nicholson
Advocate

In addition you should be able to set the sheet value and sheet maximum to be a number of padded characters e.g. ### so that a drawing called 10 is actually 010 and the title block update remembers that youve padded the numbers for both sheet and maximum sheet count

t_chaws
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your suggestion. 

We will look into your idea for our future releases.

Best Regards, 

AutoCAD Electrical team

kswank
Contributor

It would also be helpful to have the ability to date the subfolders individually, as I release drawings by subfolder at different times. Also, drawings are occasionally released by someone else! (Requiring a separate "drawn by" attribute) I have accomplished this by having unique titleblocks for these drawings, but as they look otherwise the same, I am just waiting for one to get copied into another section somehow, and the ensuing chaos would be real... So a set of subfolder specific attributes would be very helpful.

Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost