cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal report and parent-child

Terminal report and parent-child

Hi again!

1) If I make terminal reports by panel-editor, it is not enough flexible, i cannot convert it into Excel, only put on ark. But if I do it by reports, I lose jumpers' info. What about to solve this problem? Maybe add for every jumper own column and mark it a cells?

2) If I put child component after parent, DESC and so on will be filled automatically, but sometimes I put child block (contact or own symbol for block-diagram) and only after this - parent component. I must chose DESCs, CAT, MFG after this by hand. I could be nice to get dialog window with check-boxes "which attributes copy from child to parent".

3) Sometimes child conducters of cable are located on different pages. I want to make report of cables for only one page, I do it, but lose info about manufactory and catalog number if there are only child conductors ath that arc; these cells are empty. Is it possible to get this info on cable-report for alone sheet?

4 Comments
drathak
Collaborator

On your #2 problem, if you just fill out the TAG value, once you insert the parent it should update the child with the usually copied attributes.  I haven't tried that, but it should work.

dmitriibondarenko
Participant

hi, drathak!

I try to explain. In our company we draw also block-diagram before electrical diagram; for that purpose we use own "child" blocks. I fill out TAG, LOC, INST, DESC and so on. When I put on other sheet parent component, I click to "project" in TAG-field, choose my component, it comes to TAG-field, but if I click OK and than - update, my empty fields will come to my child-component. I have to click "project" for each field, find child component and click to that. It is really not so good such it could be. Dialog-window with list of attributes to copy could be very nice to automate this process.

t_chaws
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi,

Thank you for your idea!

We have included your idea in our research bucket and will be looking into it for our future releases!

We would like to request you to post your 3 points as 3 different ideas (under 3 distinct headings), so that we can get a vote of how popular they are and that way we can track your ideas better 🙂 Please help us serve you better! Thank you again! 

Keep posting new ideas! 

Best Regards, 

AutoCAD Electrical Team

Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost