cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting by TAGS in the report BOM

Sorting by TAGS in the report BOM

Need to add sorting by TAGS in Report Generator Bill of Material.

BOM.png

12 Comments
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi, 

Thank you for your idea. We have added your suggestion to our review bucket. 
We encourage you to post more ideas and dont forget to give kudos to other ideas that you support.

Best Regards, 

AutoCAD Electrical Product Team

PHINKEL_tasi
Participant

When will the ability to 'SORT' by TAGs be available when posting a BOM?

richardb15
Enthusiast

Got ACADE 2020 a couple of days ago. I still don't think it sorts on Tags.  Trouble is that Component and BOM aren't the same  and if you export to Excel, where sorting can be done, subassemblies all disappear up to the top cos they don't have tag numbers.  Would be nice to have this feature.

Cheers

sokluk
Community Visitor

Hi, What about sorting tags within BOM's as this appear not possible to change - I have some meters on the list and the order is M1, M11, M12, M13, M2, M3 etc, is there possible to have M1, M2, M3, M4 etc?? Thank for help in advance.

testsubject
Advisor

I got into the habit of always padding zeroes as place holders: M01, M02, M03, etc.

This forces the sorting to be in the order that I want.

sokluk
Community Visitor

Thanks, I'll try this.

Status changed to: Future Consideration

mc5fan
Advocate

Is there any way to add to the Primary Sort (or any others) that are not in the drop down? I would like to Primary sort by SH (Sheet) in the 1st step.  I do NOT want tyo sort by SHeet after the Excel BOM is generated.

SCookGN8UK
Explorer

I like how people have been asking for this for just under a decade and still has not been implemented. Eplan is listening to what people want. 

rhesusminus
Mentor

Autodesk listens too. They just forgot to turn on their hearing aid. But, there's hope 😄

SCookGN8UK
Explorer

Yes you're right. It's just Eplan has made it so you can customize any report similar to how Autocad Electrical blocks work. Then you can have as many of each of the reports because it is done by name, not by type of report. Like currently you can only have 1 type of a BOM Project wide updatable report. It makes it hard to automate processes when limited like that. 

rhesusminus
Mentor

I'm an EPLAN user myself, so I don't get why users accept all the shortcomings of AcadE.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost