cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&ID inegration

P&ID inegration

I'd like to see easy integration with the P&ID.  i want to select a P&ID file to use. Hide or show items that have been used in my electrical prints. and select components for insertion.  On insertion it should bring in the device type, fla, manufacuture part number and company part number if any. This should populate as a seperate bill of materials call it field devices.  I want to be able to select whether it is installed in house or in the field and have wire types that reflect this. and i want all this info to be pulled from the P&ID.  I want the device descriptions and tags to be pulled from the P&ID. Why because if the work is already done why should i do it again, why should i have to type in naming that someone else has already provided.  Why should i have to check to see if i've used a device when i should be told that there are devices that have not yet been used.  i want to know what devices and child components have not yet been used for a device. and i want the terminal labels for that devices, the fla's, the bom part numbers to be brought into me i don't want to hunt for these things.  I want descriptions imported. I want to know where they get installed, and i want to know on what project they were installed(when).  I want the how, when, and where, and possibly a comment inside the component that tells me they why. and i want individual rev control for these components and i want checking to know when something has been updated on the p&ID and the ability to update my prints or not based on those changes. i want to connect a part number in the P&ID to a mechanical (for mechanical designers) and electrical symbol (for electrical designers) so that these can be pulled into a print. i want to be able to create seperate sections of the p&ID and assign them to a specific enclosure.  That way when i search for enc-250 devices i know which ones i'm suppose to have in that specific enclosure.  And i want a way of making a component drawing that has the same 5 devices with the same 8 terminals, and reuse it for the 30 units that are being built for that project.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost