cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interconnection diagram functionality.

Interconnection diagram functionality.

As far as I know there is maybe one function (Tool) in ACADE2015 to 'generate' an Interconnection Diagram that allows you to easely create an Interconnection Diagram for Connectors via a spreadsheet.

The down side is it only works for and between connectors and splices. You can't, for example, see connections from a connector to a terminal, or between terminals. 

I would like to see a tool/function wich allows me to generate/create a graphical representation of connections between terminals and between different equipment and enclosures wich are part of the same ACE project.

For example a function that allows a duplicate generation of the terminal panel layout by the terminal strip generator for all equipment/ enclosures inside the project. Which then can be connected by Wires/Cables. (By using special terminal block representations) The Information/data from, or for the creation of, this diagram could come from, or provide data for, the 'cable/ Wire from-to' reports.

Most of the data for an Interconection diagram is already available from the schematics, it would be nice if this data could be easely used to create these drawings.

6 Comments
drathak
Collaborator

I agree!  We have historically shown cables graphically on our wiring drawings, and that would be similar to what you describe.   

miles.nicholson
Advocate

basically you mean lollipop drawings?

Capture.PNG

d.v.veen
Contributor

2014-11-27_1932.pngThe term 'lollipop drawing' is new to me but by the looks of it is what i mean.

We are used to draw it a bit different though. 

This example is how we draw them.

mathalekar
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Hello Daniel

Thanks for your feedback. We have included this idea for our consideration.

Jin_ya2014
Participant

I am trying to use Autocad Electrical 2015 do interconnection diagram, in my company they call it cable block diagram but don't know what is the correct function to use.

cable block diagram.png

In this diagram we can assign the cable tag names, how many number of cable and their type and what is connected at both ends of each cable. Then base on this drawing we can generate a basic cable schedule and the Junction boxes termination diagram.

This may be is work in reverse way of the idea from d.v.veen but  I wonder is there any one has use this software to do task in this way because I search the forum but no luck to find an answer.

Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost