cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension - fixed-offset dim.line

Dimension - fixed-offset dim.line

It is a proposal for general AutoCAD (not just Electrical) functionality: Allow to enter dimension-line position ("Specify dimension line position") through direct distance entry - e.g. move cursor upwards and enter "100" to offset the dimension line 100 units up from its first base point. Existing direct distance entry uses the current (arbitrary) cursor location as the reference point. Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz
3 Comments
Icemanau
Mentor

I already do this in ACADE.

Specifically when I'm doing labels, I select the start point and then type in the distance and the dimension is placed with no other input.

Go to ACAD Options and select the User Preferences tab.

The top right section called 'Priority for Coordinate Data Entry' is the area that controls this.

I have this set to 'Keyboard entry except scripts'.

This should allow the distance entry you suggested.

Regards Brad

vladimir_michl
Advisor

Yes, this is what I would like to see. Unfortunately it doesn't work so for me. The direct distance entered this way (and with these settings) doesn't result in the same distance of the dimension line to the dimensioned object.

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz

t_chaws
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We shall add review your suggestion and see what can be done in our future releases.
Keep posting new ideas.

Thanks and Regards,
AutoCAD Electrical Product Team.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost