cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Harness design capability

Cable Harness design capability

• Cable Harness design capability:

Cable harness is integral part of industrial automation and users are moving from wires to use of harness.

1.  In AutoCAD Electrical can be put as part of Panel Tab
  2. It needs to be a graphical representation and more interactive than a plain report mechanism.
  3. It needs / can be generated like runtime block generation of the cable + connectors. The data is going to come from Cable from / to.
  4. The harness design needs / can show the details like wire color / pin connection / Cable catalog data / connector catalog data to represent the tables.
  5. I should be able to update catalog data (same like panel footprint update).

wire-harness-big.jpg

Above image is something what we need to accomplish to generate automatically in 2D.

2 Comments
drathak
Collaborator

Along those same lines I'd like to see something like this as well.  I typically have cables running from panel to panel or panel to switchyard and these terminate on terminal blocks.  I'd like to be able to generate a cable landing drawing similar to that shown below except having the colors instead of the destinations. (This was done by hand to show someone what we wanted.)

My cable bubbles are footprint blocks, and I can surf them, but the graphic fan out isn't intelligent.

GraphicCableTag.jpg

t_chaws
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We shall add this item to our research bucket and see what can be done quickly.
Keep posting new ideas.

Thanks and Regards,
AutoCAD Electrical Product Team.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost