cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks Swap Enhancement / Block Name Display Function

Blocks Swap Enhancement / Block Name Display Function

well todays improvement is when you use the block swap facility

I have had an issue this morning where i have updated a project and some of the blocks did not appear to update tthe issue was a two different symbols which looked exatly the same were used 1 updated and the other did not

in my case it was a plug/socket

this meant i had to manually go back and check the plugs and sockets and change them to be more consistent through the project (it was a good thing )

so that had me thinking about the whole block swap facility

a number of ideas immediately came to the surface

1) When doing page/project block swap ACADE should generate a report of what was changed project page/path and symbol name

2) When doing a library swap the report should include symbols not swapped as well

3) When doing a library swap maybe an option for the user to decide whether to swap an individual block in a drawing so ACADE Highlights the block it intends to swap and then asks you whether to swap the block in this instance

Block Name Display function

Also another feature would be to display the block name by pressing a button the block name appears next to all symbols so you can visually check what blocks were being used

this is to be displayed until another button is pressed to hide the block name i know i would use this type of funtion

:smileyhappy:small changes make a BIG difference

4 Comments
drathak
Collaborator

This is also where I have run into problems using a dymnamic block.  Once you make use of any dynamic properties, when you try to do a swap block it fails because those symbols now have an alternate symbol name like *U8 or other similarly unintelligble name.  Even though the original name is still intact as well.

I realize that swapping out an altered block means the changes would be lost, but it still needs to be doable.

ccad2509
Advisor

Hello drathak

yes i had the same problem so i dont use Dynamic blocks in ACADE

thier was another idea posting regarding implementing Dynamic blocks and this is one issue that needs to be resolved before dynamic blocks can be fullly implemented

t_chaws
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We shall add this item to our research bucket and see what can be done quickly.
Keep posting new ideas.

Thanks and Regards,
AutoCAD Electrical Product Team.

ccad2509
Advisor

Being biter and very cynical regarding how Autodesk actually takes outside input then I don’t believe anything will happen

This is how I see it happening come next year when we are screaming again at the new bugs that have been implemented in 2016

And you’re patting yourselves on the back with a job well done with the bunch of half implementations of features that have previously existed in the market leading electrical cad software products for a number of years

You will hope we have all forgotten you didn’t actually fix many if any of the underlying bugs that have existed in Acade for a number of years

But guess what your competitors haven’t and quite rightly point out when it comes to fixing problems the likes of Eplan/E3/IGE-XAO/Solidworks/Promis E and Wscad sales reps can always point out existing bugs that haven’t been addressed for years and missing features which they all agree are important which you choose to ignore

So how were sales last year of stand alone Acade not very many wonder why that is?

Is anything to do with the lack of standard features other companies use

Or is it the bad publicity from not addressing existing bugs in the software

Or could it just be when you compare the latest version of Acade against the latest version of a market leader Acade just isn’t good enough to take them on head to head

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost