cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Spacing of Panel Components

Auto Spacing of Panel Components

When inserting panel footprints from the schematic list and choosing multiple devices of a different type and therefore size, AutoCAD Electrical should auto space the devices so that they are placed adjacent to one another

7 Comments
rhesusminus
Mentor

This works when inserting a terminal strip, so the code for this is available.

I would also like to have the option to specify a gap. 3D Terminals look so much better with a little gap between them when rendered.

miles.nicholson
Advocate

I agree that the new feature should also allow the user to specify a gap and this would be useful when placing fuses where finger spacing between the components is required or where an air gap between components is required.

WoHo
Alumni

Seems to be the same as http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-ideastation/panel-layout-amp-footprints/idi-p/51102...

Therefore we need three additional columns for width, length and hight; and additionals columns for the gap/distance to the surrounding components.

With these numeric data it would be also possible that AutoCAD Electrical creates the footprint automatically/on the fly; sometimes a rectangle or box for a footprint is sufficient.

rhesusminus
Mentor

A preview function, like in the TSE would also be nice. As I wrote earlier.. the code for this is already there 🙂

miles.nicholson
Advocate

Its not quite the same as the post you mentioned as I would like to see height,width and depth for the geometry. The din rail and trunking facilities would need to be changed to suit and I would recommend a dynamic block for these.

ccad2509
Advisor

something like this Autodesk late to the party again  !!!!!!

Untitled.png

t_chaws
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thank you for your suggestion. 

We will look into your idea for our future releases.

Best Regards, 

AutoCAD Electrical team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost