cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AcadE ned an API, not an "API"

AcadE ned an API, not an "API"

Take a look at Autodesk exchange. How many apps for AcadE?

How many for Inventor, AutoCAD and all the other adesk software with a descent API?

I know it isn't done over night, but for every new function that you add to AcadE, you really should document and expose and API for your customers.

Just imagine what your customers can do to automate AcadE!

I've worked with a competing ecad software for more than 20 years, and it's number one success factor is the ability to answer "Yes, but it has to be a custom function", to every difficult "can-we-do-this-question". And no ccad2509, it's not ePlan or wscad Smiley Wink

5 Comments
mathalekar
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Hello Trond,

Thanks for your suggestion. We have included this suggestion in our enhancement bucket.

ccad2509
Advisor

Well if it isn’t Eplan or Wscad

Then it must be one of these

Aveva electrical,Cadett elsa,Cadprofi,Cosmos,Ecscad,Elecdes,Eleckworks,Electra E6,Elprocad,Engineering base,ige-Xao,PCschematic,Promis e,QC Cad,Schemelect,Smartplant Electrical,Solidworks Electrical,Winrelay,Zuken e3

My guess would be Promis e as it was ripping everybody up about 20 years ago

Now Trond I’m the only guy on this forum who is brave enough to admit there are  products out there that are technically far superior than ACADE and already has the features people here dream of in the ideas station Smiley Surprised

ccad2509
Advisor

Trond

Why do I bang on about WSCAD and Eplan well that’s simple I have a copy of each on my laptop and can immediately prove or disprove ACADE users who live on rumours of how good ACADE is or why other cad products can’t do this

but my favourite thing at the moment is ideas station and Acade users wishing for features that have existed on other cad products for a number of years

Which brings me to the comment

Why can’t Acade be more like the top selling CAE products you users want it so why are you ignoring your users to reinvent the wheel and produce something that’s not what your users want ?

And if you know your history of Acade then it would have been a different story if Art Sewell had said yes to the offer from Autodesk to buy promis e and wd toolbox would have been dead years ago (wasn’t it in bankruptcy protection when Autodesk bought it that’s the rumour )

francis.harvey
Participant

Hi,

Having to call lisp function in .NET code is a bit painful.

A proper API exposing components and the ability to read/update properties in block would be great, as for now we need to browse every blocks in the drawing to gather information and the update it...

Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost