AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zipping a Project with PKZIPC - E2 Error message

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
906 Views, 2 Replies

Zipping a Project with PKZIPC - E2 Error message

Hello,
I'm migrating from one PC to another and trying to backup my projects.  My default zip program (and only one available at this time) is PKZIPC.  When I try to zip the project, I get an error in the PKZIPC DOS window which states:
"PKZIP:  (E2) Ambiguous option or command specified - a".  When I get this error, the zip process stops and is aborted.  How do I correct this?
Thanks,

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

Try typing PKZIP /? to get a list of valid commands. This will probably show that '- a'  or a by itself is not a valid command switch or option.

The easier way to move you data is to get an external caddy, remove the HDD from the old computer, insert it into the caddy and hook it up to the new computer.

Make sure all your programs have been installed before you do the next step...

Once the computer recognizes the drive, it's just a matter of copying all the data from one drive to the other. If you are using a different O/S (Win 7 or Win 8 as compared to Win XP for example) you will need to find the new locations for various files and directories.

Do NOT copy any of the actual software. Just the data files which include all your dwgs, project files and so on.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Best,
Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost