AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip Project

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
zardos
1199 Views, 3 Replies

Zip Project

Several questions related to zipping a project - any help would be appreciated:

When zipping a project the Select Drawings to Process window includes the full pathname to the files and these full pathnames get included in the Zip archive. See "Select_Drawings.jpg" attachment. Is there anyway to control things so that only the parent folder and the ".wdp" and ".dwg" files get included - in my example only the "module 01" folder and associated files?

Under what circumstances would you want to check Include project database file (".mdb")?

Winzip seems to work fine - but I can't get 7-zip to work. Does anyone use 7-zip - and if so what does your entry in the wd.env file for WD_ZIP look like?

For what it's worth we are new to AutoCAD Electrical and are starting out with 2010 - but I think the questions apply to any recent version.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: zardos

Bumping this topic as I have a need to find out if we can use 7-zip with Acad/E

Message 3 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't know about 7 Zip as I use winzip. I also add the files outside of ACADE to give me the full functionallity of Winzip.

This means I can select items like maximum compression and no file paths without having to worry about things that ACADE might set.

I've never added the database file to the zip but usually add the project file. If the database file is missing, ACADE will recreate it from the drawings, but to do so needs the project file.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost