AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Y Zones Only Referencing?? Can it be done

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mbos015
223 Views, 1 Reply

Y Zones Only Referencing?? Can it be done

Can you reference tags from the Y Zones only. I know X Zones only is available why not Y Zones only?? seems odd.

btw thanks for the help on my last post. the ucs was totally stuffed in my template, throughing all the grids off. fixed now thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: mbos015

There might be another way of doing this, but this way seems to work, but there is no built in mechanism to do this. - Go into the Drawing Configuration and select 'X-Y Grid' - Select the 'Setup' button in the 'Referencing' section - Pick an 'Origin' point - Set the 'Horizontal' spacing to a size large enough to cover the complete width of your drawing (example: if you are doing a D size print, 34" wide, you might place 40 in as a value here) - Set your 'Vertical' spacing to whatever you require - Select 'Horizontal-Vertical' for the 'X-Y format' - Blank out the 'Separator' field - Place 2 commas (,) in the 'Grid labels' 'Horizontal' edit box (the commas separate the labels, so in effect we are giving it nothing for the labels). You will notice that when you leave the edit box, one of these commas with be removed, that is OK. - Set the 'Vertical' labels to start at whatever you like - Toggle on the 'Insert X-Y grid labels' option - Set the 'Horizontal count' to zero (0), and the 'Vertical count' to whatever you like Now when you place a component, it will only get a Y zone value. This is not documented to work this way, so this could change in future releases. Steve "mbos015" wrote in message news:32978169.1093471591796.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Can you reference tags from the Y Zones only. I know X Zones only is available why not Y Zones only?? seems odd. > > btw thanks for the help on my last post. the ucs was totally stuffed in my template, throughing all the grids off. fixed now thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost