AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY grid vs ladders sizes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
labjac
655 Views, 2 Replies

XY grid vs ladders sizes

Hallo

Hope somebody can assist, I tried everything but this seems to be a issue I cannot solve.

I normally use the Ladder for reference as per picture below, all works well and size of text is correct.

Picture below. But for some reason the text when using XY is so large I cannot use it.. I probably can manual go and change all the text but surely there is something I'm missing? (Didn't change any of the defaults using IEC libraries if this makes any difference, only problem is that if I use the panel_mm library there is a problem, so currently I'm just scaling the footprint 25.4 so all work fine.. (Not sure if this got anything to do with the ladder and XY references..

LadderInfo.png

2014-12-29_18-37-03.png

Settings.png

Settings.pngDefaults.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: labjac

I never use this functionality myself, as we always have the XY reference system as a part of the frame.

However.. It seems like this funtion use the current text style, and height to inbsert these texts.

Use the STYLE command toset the text style you want. Then use the TEXTSIZE command to set the height you want.

Try to insert the reference system again.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
labjac
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hallo

Sorry for the late reply.

Can you explain how you do your reference then, will it make more sense to use the sheet number with a fixed Grid or how is your core numbering working?

I got a issue with the Autocad DB now, will start another thread, so I cannot use Autocad currently...

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost