AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XRef Table

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dbrblg
1011 Views, 5 Replies

XRef Table

Is it possible to modify the code which generates cross references for components?  Is it a lisp file somewhere which I can change?

I would like to change the REF column in the table so it automatically generates the page number and page column like it does for all the children.

Is this possible?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: dbrblg

Can you be more specific on what you are trying to do? Maybe it can be done with cross-reference settings or the table setup. This  is not something that is supplied as lisp source code for you to change.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
dbrblg

Hi Pat,

I was looking to change what was displayed in the xref tables for components.  If you take a coil & contact for example, it displays the only the column number in the xref table for the parent and page/column for child contacts which seems logical.  If you take a 3-pole circuit breaker on the other hand, the parent (or first contact) only displays the column but I think it really ought to display page/column as it does for the second and third child contacts.  It is inconsistent and can be ambiguous.

In this instance you may argue you wouldn't want a xref table for a 3-pole device, but you may do if there is an aux contact attached or the device is such that all of the poles were not all on the same page; it would then be desirable to have a xref table.

Hopefully the attached image helps?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk

It currently is not possible to have the sheet value show in this case. This symbol is actually the parent symbol. Since the cross-reference table is always shown at the parent it is always on the same sheet. I see why in this type of case you might want the sheet value to show to be consistent. I can log this as a wish list item so that it is considered for a future release.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

The problem I have with the current cross reference setup is that when you have the parent connected to other components via a link line, it will not automatically show the cross reference for blocks that are not connected by the link line.

When you do get the xref to show, you then have to edit to remove the blocks that are connected by the link line.

What is worse is when you have a parent block in one dwg, and the multiple linked child blocks in another. the parent xref will show them all, while the all the linked child xrefs are turned off.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 6 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: Icemanau

Brad,

If cross-referencing is hidden or removed on a parent because you don't want it to show the children that are linked with the dashed line, the cross-referencing is hidden for all children. This is why the ones on another drawing aren't showing up.

My suggestion to handle these is to follow the procedure described in the Help topic, "Exclude  contacts when cross-referencing", http://docs.autodesk.com/ACAD_E/2013/ENU/filesAcadE_UsersGuide/GUID-053C6770-4BD3-40F8-8157-8CDCD33E...

Then leave the cross-referencing on the parent visible and the children not linked with the dashed line will show up in the cross-referencing at the parent. Just make sure to account for the linked children if you define the maximum number of contacts for a parent since they will not be counted.

I agree this is not optimal but it does work with the current product. I have logged as a wishlist to be able to suppress the cross-referencing for any contacts linked with the dashed line.

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost