AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XData and Stretch wires

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Shaffy
292 Views, 3 Replies

XData and Stretch wires

Hi All,
I have few question:

1) What does XData Pointer stand for? Also, what is its meaning? (When you use Show Wires tool)

2) How does the Stretch Wire tool works? I knw its is used for stretching the wires, but in my case sometimes, it work but somtimes it does not. Can anybody tell me, if the two wires that are to be strecthed has to be in certain limited area ??????///

Your timely response will be highly appreciated.

Bye
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Shaffy

XData is Extended Entity Data. It is mostly for AcadE's own use but can be edited by the user using the XData Editor.

The stretch wire command works with one wire at a time. It is an intelligent command. You click on the Stretch Wire icon and then the select near the end of the wire you wish to stretch. AcadE will connect the wire to a nearby component that has a wire connection inline with the wire. To stretch more than one wire just use the AutoCAD Stretch command.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
sgsawdy

With the stretch wire took there have been instances where I have not been able to get a wire to "stretch" or it would "stretch" in the wrong direction. In these instances I found it necessary to pick the wire end grip and drag it closer to the desired stretch-to-point and then the stretch command worked fine.

Scott
Message 4 of 4
dougmcalexander

The intelligent stretch has a limited search distance. That is true because of the possibility of error if it search to broad of a region of the drawing for a possible connection. The fact is you can use the standard ACAD stretch command and drive the bus yourself anytime. The Electrical Stretch is just an added bonus.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost