AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-Y Grid Referencing not working???

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mbos015
556 Views, 3 Replies

X-Y Grid Referencing not working???

I am running AutoCAD Electrical 2005.
When I setup the x-y grid referencing, I set the origin, the grid spacing and then get it to display grid labels on the drawing.
This is all well and good, the labels appear at the correct spacing (X=2.55, Y=2.55) and from the correct origin (although sometimes it creates the labels form 0,0. not the origin I specify, weird??) anyway when I place a component in say zone A-1 the tag is correct. Then I place a component in zone B-1 and the tag still says A-1. Then I place a component in zone K-1 and the tag is C-1. Then I move down to A-9 and the tag is A-1. The horizontal is totally out of wack and the vertical never changes no mater how far down I go. What is going on???? Is this a unit setup thing, imperial , metric or scaling or what. The demo project the that uses x-grid only seems to works ok??? help???? this is really annoying me. I have attached my title block
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mbos015

Please send a sample of an actual dwg you're having trouble with, not the template. Your template does not have the wd_m block inserted so there's no way to tell what might be amiss. "mbos015" wrote in message news:24227244.1093405150916.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am running AutoCAD Electrical 2005. > When I setup the x-y grid referencing, I set the origin, the grid spacing and then get it to display grid labels on the drawing. > This is all well and good, the labels appear at the correct spacing (X=2.55, Y=2.55) and from the correct origin (although sometimes it creates the labels form 0,0. not the origin I specify, weird??) anyway when I place a component in say zone A-1 the tag is correct. Then I place a component in zone B-1 and the tag still says A-1. Then I place a component in zone K-1 and the tag is C-1. Then I move down to A-9 and the tag is A-1. The horizontal is totally out of wack and the vertical never changes no mater how far down I go. What is going on???? Is this a unit setup thing, imperial , metric or scaling or what. The demo project the that uses x-grid only seems to works ok??? help???? this is really annoying me. I have attached my title block
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

One thing I noticed about this template is the UCS seems to have been moved. I set the UCS back to default location by typing in 'UCS' at the command line and then typing in 'W' for world and then things seems to fall into place a little better. Attached is a drawing were I used your template, set the UCS to World and then set it up for X-Y Grid. The components seem to get the correct X-Y Grid values. My labels are in Green on this drawing. I could not get quite the same configuration you specify below though. You mentioned placing a component in the K-1 zone, but using the 2.55 spacing and the with of the title block, I was un able to get a K zone, but this is at least something to look at. I am pretty sure it has to do with the UCS have being moved in your Template drawing. Steve "mbos015" wrote in message news:24227244.1093405150916.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am running AutoCAD Electrical 2005. > When I setup the x-y grid referencing, I set the origin, the grid spacing and then get it to display grid labels on the drawing. > This is all well and good, the labels appear at the correct spacing (X=2.55, Y=2.55) and from the correct origin (although sometimes it creates the labels form 0,0. not the origin I specify, weird??) anyway when I place a component in say zone A-1 the tag is correct. Then I place a component in zone B-1 and the tag still says A-1. Then I place a component in zone K-1 and the tag is C-1. Then I move down to A-9 and the tag is A-1. The horizontal is totally out of wack and the vertical never changes no mater how far down I go. What is going on???? Is this a unit setup thing, imperial , metric or scaling or what. The demo project the that uses x-grid only seems to works ok??? help???? this is really annoying me. I have attached my title block
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Sorry, forgot the attachment. "Steve Kemp" wrote in message news:412cdbe0$1_2@newsprd01... > One thing I noticed about this template is the UCS seems to have been moved. > I set the UCS back to default location by typing in 'UCS' at the command > line and then typing in 'W' for world and then things seems to fall into > place a little better. > > Attached is a drawing were I used your template, set the UCS to World and > then set it up for X-Y Grid. The components seem to get the correct X-Y > Grid values. My labels are in Green on this drawing. > > I could not get quite the same configuration you specify below though. You > mentioned placing a component in the K-1 zone, but using the 2.55 spacing > and the with of the title block, I was un able to get a K zone, but this is > at least something to look at. I am pretty sure it has to do with the UCS > have being moved in your Template drawing. > > Steve > > "mbos015" wrote in message > news:24227244.1093405150916.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > I am running AutoCAD Electrical 2005. > > When I setup the x-y grid referencing, I set the origin, the grid spacing > and then get it to display grid labels on the drawing. > > This is all well and good, the labels appear at the correct spacing > (X=2.55, Y=2.55) and from the correct origin (although sometimes it creates > the labels form 0,0. not the origin I specify, weird??) anyway when I place > a component in say zone A-1 the tag is correct. Then I place a component in > zone B-1 and the tag still says A-1. Then I place a component in zone K-1 > and the tag is C-1. Then I move down to A-9 and the tag is A-1. The > horizontal is totally out of wack and the vertical never changes no mater > how far down I go. What is going on???? Is this a unit setup thing, imperial > , metric or scaling or what. The demo project the that uses x-grid only > seems to works ok??? help???? this is really annoying me. I have attached my > title block > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost