AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Tee.Dee
442 Views, 4 Replies

x-refs

I have been getting a dot in front of x-refs for contacts that dont have pin numbers (see attached).

I am using 2014 but didnt have this problem with 2012.  Is there a setting that I have overlooked that might be causing this?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: Tee.Dee

I haven't seen this before, and I'm not able to reproduce it here.

Can you put together a single drawing sheet with this problem, and post it here?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5
Tee.Dee

Drawing file attached.

I just did a bit of testing and the problem only occurs when the auxiliary contact has a double digit pin number for the first pin.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
rhesusminus

I can now reproduce this one, and you are right. Whenever one of the other contacts has more than two digits in it's pin number, the "empty" pins are padded with a period.

Seems like a bug to me.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5

This dot was originally added to keep the text for each child component in line when there are no pin values on a component. This has actually worked this way for quite some time. I don't see any way to tell AutoCAD Electrical not to add this dot besides adding a pin value to the child components.

I will log this as an issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost