AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-ref problem with childsymbols

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Dag_Henrik
645 Views, 3 Replies

X-ref problem with childsymbols

Hello

What I want to do is to create several child symbols that belong to one parent symbol. (E.g. one parent symbol that is the "mains"- part of an inverter, a control card for the inverter and several expansion modules that "fit" to the control card.)

The control card does not need its own product number, when it is physically part of the inverter, but the expansion modules need their own product numbers.

So far so good.

I have created an attribute template for a vertical child who needs product information and one for a vertical child who don't need product information.

So I think I'm almost done. But the problem occurs when the symbols are "connected" in a parent/ child relationship.

The X-ref at the parent symbol appears to believe the child is a switch. (See attached “TheProblem.JPG”)

Any tips how to fix this?

The BOM gets the way I want it. When making a BOM-report of my test drawing (see attached "Overview.JPG"), what is listed is;

- A2                         | Inverter                                | Qnty = 1

- A2                         | Expansion module             | Qnty = 1

- MA1                      | Motor                                   | Qnty = 1

Is this a ok way to solve the problem/ issue?

Anyone have a better idea?

But first and foremost; anybody that know how to fix the x-ref slip- up?

In advance, thank you so much for any and all help!

Btw; have a great weekend! Smiley Very Happy

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Gaituuth
in reply to: Dag_Henrik

Hi,

It's possible to achive your goals with cross-referencing. You have to setup a custom cross-reference style at your parent component. See the file textcrossref_parent.

Also you have to remove the attribute CONTACT at your child component (if it's there).

And use the attribute XREF at your parent + Child component to display the crossreference.

I'm using the same trick as you described for my drives.

Best regards,

Gerald

Message 3 of 4
Dag_Henrik
in reply to: Gaituuth

Hello Gerald

Thank you so much for your reply.

I’m glad to see that there is a solution to this, but could I bother you to be so kind to “guide” me through how to do this?

Do you mean to set cross- reference to text format in the project properties?

I still want to have a graphical format at the remainder of the symbols in my drawings.

Looking forward to hear from you

Message 4 of 4
Gaituuth
in reply to: Dag_Henrik

Hi,

You have to setup the text properties at the parent. (Edit component --> Setup)

At the child component you have to add the XREF attribute.

Best regards,

Gerald

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost