AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x ref not updating

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
acade2012
1221 Views, 4 Replies

x ref not updating

Hello All,

I am having an issue with x ref not updating.

We often have jobs that repeat. So we take an acadE project and copy it over. After changing each drawing property the reflect the need project number and updating the wire numbers and components, the xref will not update.

I right click the component, select retag/update and the x ref will not update it stays the same as the previous project. When I use the surf feature it reflect the new project location so I know that the component is sourcing correctly.

Any ideas as to how to correct this issue???

Thanks

Dennis

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: acade2012

It's a different command to make the xrefs update, not the retag one...

Look under components for the cross reference tab, and on that tab there will be a cross reference command..

Select the project operation, and the schematics you need to have updated and it will do the job for you.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
johnq
in reply to: Icemanau

Spoiler

Hi Dennis & Brad

I have the same problems as Dennis and Brads solutions are usually correct.

However, I find that when I copy drawings from one project to another I loose the reference points.

The drawings always come in on the UCS origin but I need to set the reference.

click on drawing in the project manager, properties, drawing properties, drawing format, setup, pick   set the top left margin.

I need to do this on all drawings.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a workaround?

Cheers  john q

Message 4 of 5
vladop

I use IEC tag mode and this is a situation when relation between parent and child is lost:

1) Parent is on the DRAWING1 and it's child is on the DRAWING2.

2) At the beginning, LOC code (or INST; I don't know about PROJ because I don't use it) for parent and both drawings are the same:

Parent LOC=AAA

DRAWING1 LOC=AAA

DRAWING2 LOC=AAA

Child LOC=AAA

This means that LOC attributes on parent and child are empty because they are the same as LOC of the drawing they are on.

3) Now, e.g. DRAWING2 LOC is changed to BBB. Because child LOC attribute is empty, ACAD Electrical uses DRAWING2 LOC as LOC code for child.

This means that now:

Parent LOC=AAA

DRAWING1 LOC=AAA

DRAWING2 LOC=BBB

Child LOC=BBB

This means that parent and child are not the same anymore, and relation is lost.

Regards,

Vladimir

Message 5 of 5
acade2012

Brad,

DUH!!!! I knew there was a simple answer to my stupidity!!!

All is well thanks for the help!!!!

Dennis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost