AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Patrick.Lee
Message 1 of 4 (62 Views)

Wiring Problem

62 Views, 3 Replies
10-02-2007 12:13 PM
Hi i am making a circuit and using all the wire numbers on one layer, i can't seem to import wire layers off my other drawing so i input all the new layers by hand. Then wanting to convert that single layer of wires onto one of the layers i have made seems to change the wire number/label i have made manually which is a bit annoying as i have to go back through the drawing altering wire names and i have to manually alter these numbers back to the original just changing them to a different layer which is reallyannoying ....
Distinguished Contributor
Tim_L
Message 2 of 4 (62 Views)

Re: Wiring Problem

10-02-2007 01:14 PM in reply to: Patrick.Lee
Hi Pat,

This may help for new drawings. This file can be edited with NotePad. Take a look at the format and add what you need for new layers. Run it by using Tools>Run Script ...

it will create as many layers as are defined in the file in one fell swoop.

Hope it helps, good luck
Patrick.Lee
Message 3 of 4 (62 Views)

10-02-2007 02:31 PM in reply to: Patrick.Lee
OK well basically it is a rework of an old drawing just wanting to seperate out wires into various layers keeping the wire numbers the same... Not sure about the script as woudn't you still need to specify the source of the layer files ??
Distinguished Contributor
Tim_L
Message 4 of 4 (62 Views)

10-02-2007 02:35 PM in reply to: Patrick.Lee
The script is for setting up a new drawing with all the favorite layer colors, names, etc. I have the same problem you are having with old projects.

Good luck
Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.