AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiring Problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Patrick.Lee
181 Views, 3 Replies

Wiring Problem

Hi i am making a circuit and using all the wire numbers on one layer, i can't seem to import wire layers off my other drawing so i input all the new layers by hand. Then wanting to convert that single layer of wires onto one of the layers i have made seems to change the wire number/label i have made manually which is a bit annoying as i have to go back through the drawing altering wire names and i have to manually alter these numbers back to the original just changing them to a different layer which is reallyannoying ....
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Tim_L
in reply to: Patrick.Lee

Hi Pat,

This may help for new drawings. This file can be edited with NotePad. Take a look at the format and add what you need for new layers. Run it by using Tools>Run Script ...

it will create as many layers as are defined in the file in one fell swoop.

Hope it helps, good luck
Message 3 of 4
Patrick.Lee

OK well basically it is a rework of an old drawing just wanting to seperate out wires into various layers keeping the wire numbers the same... Not sure about the script as woudn't you still need to specify the source of the layer files ??
Message 4 of 4
Tim_L

The script is for setting up a new drawing with all the favorite layer colors, names, etc. I have the same problem you are having with old projects.

Good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost