AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wirenumber user attributes

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
458 Views, 6 Replies

Wirenumber user attributes

Our company standards includes bundle numbers with wirenumbers. These bundle numbers must be seen in the from-to reports.To get this done I use the user attributes (W0xUser) in the wirenumber symbols (WD_WNx). This is working great.

The next first thing I would like is that the bundle number is not seen only at the source but also seen at the destination like the wirenumber. The second thing I would like to know if there is a method to change an W0xUSER attribute visibility state projectwide.  Does anyone have an idea how I can get these things to work? I added a printscreen to clarify.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There are separate symbols you need to edit for the wire number copies, did you add that user attribute to those as well?

Message 3 of 7
ccad2509

changing visibility states project wide for attributes is one thing i have been working on

2 methods

1) modify the attrbutte in question in each block and put it on a seperate layer write a script to turn the layer in question on or off goto to project >project wide utilities and run the script

2) im working on is to have a script that seaches the page and looks for specfic attbutes and switches them off or on this is my preffered solution but its a wotk in progress at the moment 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Yes, I edited those to but the inheritance over the signals arrows is only working for the wirenumbers. Do you have another suggestion?

p.s. Ive been gone for a while in the project but now im back in the schematics. Sorry for the late response

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ccad2509

Im verry interested in this project wide utility to hide or unhide attributes. 

I do the following commands every page:

AESHOWATTRIB

ALL

-> ENTER 

-> ENTER

-> SELECT W0xUSER in popup

-> OK

is it possible to put this in a script, including the popup handling to get it done project wide?

Message 6 of 7
ccad2509

what i did was go into our symbol set and change the manf /cat number to a different layer i called it OEM and changed the colour

if you go to project settings in the project manager for your project

drawing format>define>

there is a tick box apply to entities on layer 0 as i understand this it then only moves items on layer 0 to the defined layers in the menu if ticked

13.png

swapped out all the symbols in the project for the new symbols

then i created a simple script

_CLAYER
_LAYER
ON
OEM
_.ZOOM _E
_.QSAVE

which set the current layer to 0 turned on the OEM layer and zoomed extents

now if i want the layer switched off i use

_CLAYER
_LAYER
OFF
OEM

these are run from

main menu>project>Utilities

works a treat

what we are doing is creating our own symbol set based on the iec60617  and creating our own icon menu to contol it all

this way we can have information displayed on the set of drawings going to the panel shop and a different set of details to the customer just by running a script

Message 7 of 7
drathak

Looking at your example, I think you are running into a limitation of the code.  The code supporting signaling most likely doesn't look at those user attributes when copying information from the source side.   This might be a good suggestion for the IdeaStation.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost