AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Type problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Fred1986
621 Views, 7 Replies

Wire Type problem

Hi,

I have a problem with my wire type.

I set 3 differents wire types

Wire type.JPG

And I have this shematic

Shematic 1.JPG

My question is why autocad numbering my wire type that i setted to numbering NO. (The Hidden one). I know that I have 2 wires separated by a terminal. But I want to have my continuous wires can be numbered and my hidden wire cannot be  numbered.

Thank you for the help

Frédérick

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
btackes
in reply to: Fred1986

The wire number is probably being generated from the wire between the coil and the terminal block.

Message 3 of 8
Fred1986

Yes but, do we have a solution for this little problem ?

Message 4 of 8
btackes

There is no problem it works as it should.  The number is placed in the middle of the wire network.  Use the move wire number command to move it to the solid segment of the line or put the solid segment on a layer that also does not get numbered.

Message 5 of 8
Fred1986

Thats true but if you want to preserve the line as a Wire you need to put your wire with the Wire type. If you put the line in a layer the Wire properties will be remove. So when you will use the move fonction the wire will not be replaced correctly.

Thanks

Frederick

Message 6 of 8
btackes

What I was saying is put the solid segment on a wire layer that does not require a wire number same as the dashed wire layer if you don't want a wire number at all.  If you want a number on the solid portion but not the dashed portion you also need to use a terminal block that allows wire number changes or the wire number is transfered to both connections even if the second connection is a wire that is not numbered.

Message 7 of 8
Fred1986

How do you do, to have a terminal that not transfer the wire number to the hidden one ?

Message 8 of 8
btackes

From HELP

Standalone Terminal Symbols

Stand-alone terminals follow this naming convention:

The first two characters are "HT."
The third character is "0" if the wire number does not change through the terminal, "1" if the terminal symbol should trigger a wire number change.
The fourth character is an underscore (_) if the terminal carries no attributes for AutoCAD Electrical to process (such as a dumb, unannotated terminal symbol). Otherwise, the fourth through eighth character positions of the symbol file name are user-defined.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost