AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Sequencing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dianamichelle33
495 Views, 3 Replies

Wire Sequencing

I'm having trouble with the wire sequencing command. For the most part it works, but there are a few wires that I go to change the sequence and it doesn't stick. When I run the wire from/to report it reverts back to the default sequence. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Did you perform a database rebuild? Type AEREBUILDDB at the command prompt and click full rebuild. If that doesn't work, exit AutoCAD Electrical and delete the project scratch database in your User folder.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4

I think the AEREBUILDDB command worked. Thank you!

Message 4 of 4

You can add the command to your ribbon using the CUI editor. I place it between Update/Retag and Utilities on the Project Tools panel of the ribbon. Name it Rebuild DB and set to Large with Text Vertical. Exiting the software and deleting the project scratch database is the ultimate rebuild though. It is good to do this from time to time on a large project that may take some time to complete. Also, rebuild the DB if you have used any plain AutoCAD commands or replaced a drawing in a project using Windows explorer. Think if it this way: If you used a non-AutoCAD Electrical method the database is not updated and must be forced to update.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost