AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Renumbering - All

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cbenner
795 Views, 3 Replies

Wire Renumbering - All

Why would it be that when I add some lines to my schematic and try to renumber the wire numbers, specifying retag all, sequential, starting at 1, and select the range of sheets I want to renumber,..... the renumbering starts at, for example, 122.  In the previous scheme, the highest number was 242, so this makes no sense at all.  I could understand if it started at 243.  But 122?!  I said renumber starting at 1!

Deep breath... deep breath.  Sorry, been a tough day.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: cbenner

One cause could be fixed wire numbers, especially if you have used the Wire Number editing tool.

Under Projects -> Project Wide Utilities, there is a function to fix/unfix all wire numbers in the project.

Another cause could be the individual drawing settings or the project settings. Check those if you are still having problems.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Icemanau

I checked my project properties and wire numbers were set to "line Reference".  I changed it to "Sequential".  Selected Wire Numbers, and the dialog opened with "Line Reference" checked.  So... again, I set it to "Sequential".

Backing up, I had previously used the Project Utilities to remove all Wire Numbers from the project.

So, back to above, I select the drawings to apply these numbers to, and it starts with.... 122.  So I'm not getting Sequential OR Line Reference! 

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: cbenner

OK try this.

Go to Projects -> Reports and run the Electrical Audit, then the Drawing Audit.

Shut down ACADE, find and delete the <PROJECT>.MDB file then restart ACADE. The file will be re-created from the dwgs.

Finally, Check the dwg settings against the project setting using the Compare settings tool. This will need to be done on each schematic dwg. Dwg settings will override the project settings at all times. If the Project properties say sequential and the dwg properties say by reference, the dwg properties will be used.

Finally, If you are using PLC's, make sure that the wire numbers aren't being set by the PLC connection.

Now try to resequence all the wire numbers and see how things go.

Regards Brad.

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost