AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
155 Views, 1 Reply

Wire question

Is there any way to force wires to specific layers from within a spreadsheet that generates PLC drawings? As far as I can tell all of the wires automatically "go" to the first line layer in the configuration. cds
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Carl, Two things.... 1) after you run the SS->PLC I/O generator utilty, you can't re-run it and have it just make minor changes to existing dwgs... it creates a new set of dwgs. 2) as far as controlling the wire layer assignment from the SS->PLC I/O utility spreadsheet, good idea, but it's not currently "in there". Customers are encouraged to use this utility's source code (c:\program files\autodesk\acade 2004\support\wdio.lsp and wdio.dcl) and create a custom version by modifying the program. It probably wouldn't be too hard to add a new columns to the spreadsheet to comma-delimit an existing column's data to force the connecting wire to a specific layer. Nate. "Carl Smith" wrote in message news:40d1e560$1_1@newsprd01... > Is there any way to force wires to specific layers from within a spreadsheet > that generates PLC drawings? As far as I can tell all of the wires > automatically "go" to the first line layer in the configuration. > > cds > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost