AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire numbers on Source & destination

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
johnq
323 Views, 3 Replies

Wire numbers on Source & destination

G'day readers

A cosmetice request.    My company does not like the wire number to be displayed at the source and destination arrows.  I  know how to do this at each source and destination arrows but it is time consuming.

I would like to make the wire number invisible in the blocks as a perminant feature.

I can find the block for these arrows but I cant find how to perminantly turn off the visibility.

If some one can help it would save me some time.

Once I turn off this parameter how can I set up the ribbon command so that the source and destination icon call up the new block.

Many thanks  JQ

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: johnq

I would recommend first creating a new folder to store your company specific symbols and place that at the top of your project's properties/project settings/schematic libraries.

Copy the symbols that you want to change into this folder. If you double click on an existing symbol on a schematic and go to properties, it will tell you the filename. (By doing it this way you will not have to change the symbol library).

Open one of the files in the new folder and edit the properties of WIRENO and set "Invisible" setting to "yes".

Now save the file and go to the next one you want to change and repeat the above.

After this, your source/destination symbols will not display the wire number when you insert them.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
johnq
in reply to: testsubject

Thanks for your rely Bob.

I understand all the hints you have given me except where I should edit the attribute.

The only place I know where I have access to the " * "   IE the invisable flag is by editing the attribute after it is inserted into the diagram.

Am I missing the point?

Is this another change on 2012?   I did not try to taylor this feature in 2010.

Cheers  jq

Message 4 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: johnq

John,

In the symbol that you want to hide the wire number in, select the attribute called "WIRENO" and then edit its properties. You will find the invisible setting near the bottom of the list.

You can set the invisible setting during the insertion of a new attribute. It is available as a check box in the "Mode" box.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost