AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wire numbers on jumpered terminals

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
colin.roberts
445 Views, 5 Replies

wire numbers on jumpered terminals

Hello all,

I have a little problem that is causing me a bit of a headache and was wondering if anyone else has this problem or know how to fix it?

I'm creating schematics with terminal strips and I'm jumpering the terminals together to give extra connections of the same potential.

The terminals I'm using are Weidmuller ZDU2.5 cat. no. 1608510000 with a 2-way jumper bar ZQV 2.5/2 cat. no. 1608860000.

The existing terminal has an existing wire number but when I jumper another terminal to it and run the wire number command it selects a different wire number whereas I need it to keep the same one of the existing one.

I also need to add that the terminals are on different sheets. Performing the same task on terminals on the same sheet do not provide a problem and pick up the correct wire number.

Any suggestions??

Many thanks

Colin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I have run into some issues with using the hidden terminal jumpers.  Go to my web site tips and tricks page and look at the section entitled,

Using AutoCAD® Electrical to create a power bus from terminal blocks.

There is also a video.  I've been handling terminal jumpers that way since 1997.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 6

Doug,

Thanks for the reply. It looks a nice work-around Smiley Happy

Of course it would be nice if what I originally tried to do worked of course hahaha.

Thanks again

Colin

Message 4 of 6

Colin,

can you post a small project (.wdp and 2 drawings) that illustrate what you tried to do originally? Or if you can't post them, send them to me directly at pat.murnen@autodesk.com. If there is an issue I would like to get it logged.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6

The funny thing is that this is not a work-around for me.  I've been handling jumpers my way since 1997, long before Terminal Strip Editor and long before the terminal jumper command.  I prefer it because it provides a visual representation of reality on both the circuit diagram and the panel layout.  The only reason I know about the quirks with the hidden terminal jumper method is because I teach the software professionally and therefore run across such anomalies while preparing course material..

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 6 of 6

The issue appears to be when there are source arrows on the network with the jumpered terminals. When the signal arrows are not present the wire numbers are the same when the terminals are jumpered. I have logged this issue.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost