AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire numbering in Paper Space?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cbenner
514 Views, 2 Replies

Wire numbering in Paper Space?

In my limited experience, the Automatic wire numbering places all of the wire numbers in model space.  Is this correct by default, and is there a way to switch it to paper space?  Or do you all do ladder and wiring diagrams in model space?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kghew1
in reply to: cbenner

To the best of my knowledge, there are unresolved coding clashes which mean that when working in Paper Space, a number of drawing automation tasks cease to work correctly. The affected functions I've either heard about or come across myself include :

Positional cross-referencing between parent / child symbols, Intelligent inter-sheet notation, and Title Block Update (won’t work consistently - or at all). Also, sheet numbers can get evicted from drawing properties, which means that source / destination arrows may lose their way. Export / Update (to / from spreadsheet) is robbed of some functionality, and additionally - of particular interest to yourself - wire numbering becomes a bit of a lottery.

Doubtless others will have more fulsome explanations, but the answer seems to be to only ever use AE in Model Space.

Hope this helps

Keith H

Message 3 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: cbenner

Paperspace is not officially supported. None of AutoCAD Electrical's competitors even allow it. You can get by using paper space for title blocks but you should not place drawing data (symbols and wires) in paper space.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost