AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wire numbering for company standards

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mtrd_001
497 Views, 7 Replies

wire numbering for company standards

Hello All,

Trying to set up ACADE for the first time, having trouble with wire numbers. Our company uses a format of labelling wires with sheet number, then line number, followed by incremented numbers, e.g. 1301, 13011, 13012, etc. on sheet 1, line 3.

I have set up the wire number format as %S%N with line reference and suffixes set up, which works fine, but the numbers appear as 113 instead of 1103 on the first 9 lines. Is there any way to add a 0 where the line is less than 10?

Such a dumb problem but I cant figure how to fix it.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mtrd_001
in reply to: mtrd_001

Sorry about posting the topic twice! Man Embarassed

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Hi,

You can set this up in the project properties (right click on the active project name in the project manager) under the 'wire numbers' tab.

Just click on the 'suffix setup' button , then choose the third radio button. Go up to the boxes (1st, 2nd 3rd...) and add the zero before each number.

That should sort it out.

Message 4 of 8
dougmcalexander

FlyFisher67 has advised you well. The only thing I would add is that setting up this format in project properties isn't going to change the drawing properties. After setting up the format in project properties you need to select all drawings from the project manager list, then right-click over the list and apply project default values. Even better is to setup the wire number format in your template drawing, along with all other drawing properties. Then each time you start a new drawing using this template the format is already set.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 8
mtrd_001
in reply to: Anonymous

flyFisher67 wrote:

You can set this up in the project properties (right click on the active project name in the project manager) under the 'wire numbers' tab.

Just click on the 'suffix setup' button , then choose the third radio button. Go up to the boxes (1st, 2nd 3rd...) and add the zero before each number.

That should sort it out.

Thanks very much for your reply.

Perhaps I didnt phase what i wanted as well as i could have. I need the line number to increment as 01, 02, 03 etc., rather than the number on the end... any help on that?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Message 6 of 8
dougmcalexander

You can create your own suffix. There are 4 built in suffix formats but you can type your own format into the boxes provided.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 7 of 8
mtrd_001
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thanks for your reply.

Again, as far as i understand, it is the line number i need with a 0, not the suffixes? For example, a wire on sheet 22, line 3 which is the 4th wire on that line should read '22034', rather than '2234' as is the default.

Please tell me if i am misunderstanding this.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Hi mtrd_001,

It seems that if you need that zero appering in the '%N' value in the wire number, then you will need to add it in the line reference. Just edit the wire reference numbers to include the zero. 

Hope that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost