AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Number

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1199 Views, 8 Replies

Wire Number

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm using Electrical Autocad 2011. I need to take Wiring Diagram Report for Ferrule Number(Wire No),Components & Wire Detials. we are identify the wire by using Ferrule Numbers. We are using two Numbers for one wire. But in Autocad i can add only one Number for the wire. So any possibilities to use two wire numbers for one wire. I need to take Report also. Please Please Help me & Guide me.

Thanks advance,

Saravana

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm sorry. Wire numbers are just that, wire numbers. They are actually the identifier of an electrical node. So every wire in the node is the same potential/node number. Each individual segment of wire in a node (aka network) can be numbered uniquely by setting project properties to wire number on per wire basis. But this still applies only one identifier per wire, not two.

For documenting ferrules, I export the from/to list to Excel or Access and add them there. I wrote an Access database that imports the from/to list and includes a column for the termination device on both the "from" end and the "to" end, plus a column for length.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

As Doug stated ACADE will not do that.

I have ran into the same issue. What I did was add the wire color to the number and then modify that on 1 end.

The schematic would show the 2 diff wire numbers but the reports will not come out right.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Dear Dougmcalexander ,

Thank you very much for your help and Relay. I just added Ferrule number the component pin. The Export Report Comes corectly. If any Drawbacks in this method kindly Guide me.

Thank you,

Saravana

Message 5 of 9
dougmcalexander

There should be no problem if you merge the ferrule number with the pin assignment. You could add this the the pin list so the ferrule is added along with the pins; perhaps something like A1(ferrule).

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 6 of 9
vaimuthu
in reply to: dougmcalexander

i have a requirement, where instead of wirenumber it should replaced with the FROM component and TO component name with its TERMINAL NO.

is this possible with AutoCAD Electrical?

Message 7 of 9
sonny3g
in reply to: vaimuthu

I suppose you could utilize the parent cable conductor sysmbol at one end of the wire with the cable conductor id using the wire number you need at that end and a child cable conductor at the other end with the wire number you need there as the conductor id.  The cable id tag could then be the wire number, or as Doug puts it, the potential.  The cable from to report would then give you both ends of the wire as a wire number while also maintaining the wire number for the entire wire.

Untitled.png

It would be a real messy way to do it though.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 8 of 9
s.wile
in reply to: sonny3g

Sonny that is close to this workflow...

Wire From/To Annotation On the Schematic

clip_image006_thumb[1].jpg

Still not IN the wire number but at least puts the info on the drawing.

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 9 of 9
Icemanau

Just asking for a bit of clarification...

When you say that you are using two numbers per wire, is that two FERRULE numbers or two unique identification numbers per wire?

For two unique wire numbers per wire, you will need to look to Dougs reply.

However if it is two Ferrule numbers per wire, look under Projects->Reports->Schematic Reports.

The last report type on the list is Wire Label.

This will pull a list of either Wire Numbers or Cable Numbers and automaitcally generate a list of said numbers with 2 labels for each individual Wire/Cable.

This report can then be Edited, Saved as a file or Printed. Depending on your ferrule printer, you may be able to print directly to it or you may have to import a file listing the ferrules.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost