AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire number value, based upon sheet number and terminal description.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
taclauss
326 Views, 1 Reply

Wire number value, based upon sheet number and terminal description.

Use AEPLCWIRENO on any electrical symbol.

I want to add the wire number suffix data into our electrical symbols, so the wire numbers are more descriptive and easier to generate.  A good example would be a motor encoder.   I want the wire numbers to look like this . . . . 1000A+, 1000A-, 1000B+, 1000B-, 10005+, and 100COM.  If I add the TAGA attribute to our AC drive electrical symbol, then I can use the AEPLCWIRENO command (PLC I/O) to generate the wire numbers.  %S%N.  Where can I find more information on the attributes (TAGA and etc) that can be used, when generating electrical symbols?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: taclauss

Attributes TAGA01, TAGA02, TAGA03, etc., are used to store the address data for each addressable point on a PLC module.  If the option to use the PLC address as a wire number is checked in Drawing Properties, any wires that connect to an addressable point on a PLC will be assigned the PLC address.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost