AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Number Locations

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
James.Searing
702 Views, 10 Replies

Wire Number Locations

I am having troubles with where wire numbers are placed in my drawings. When I do a drawing wide wire tag execution some of the wire numbers are placed far outside the work place towards the top right. If I delete each one and place it individually it forces it to be in the correct spot. This may stem from a similar issue when I place destination source arrows and the arrows snap to the opposite end of the wire.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rhesusminus
in reply to: James.Searing

Is it possible for you to post a dwg here?

Or maybe you could send me on my private e-mail?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 11
James.Searing
in reply to: rhesusminus

@rhesusminus wrote:

Is it possible for you to post a dwg here?

Or maybe you could send me on my private e-mail?

For some reason I am not able to attach a DWG. I would be more than happy to send you a file to help me figure this out and then post the solution back on here.

Message 4 of 11
rhesusminus

First, I get the same problem as you when trying to add a destination signal to the top of the wires on the right side of the drawing. If I first delete the wire numbers on those wires, I'm able to attach a destination signal to the top of the wire again.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 11
rhesusminus

I'm not able to reproduce the problem with the wirenumbers beeing inserted far outside the drawing frame.

Do that still happen?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 6 of 11
James.Searing

That did the trick! After deleting the wire numbers that I was trying to connect the destination to (and saving the sheet) the destination arrow went right into place!
Message 7 of 11
James.Searing

Yes it's still doing it on my end Some sheets in the project are still having issues with the destination arrows as I go through them too.
Message 8 of 11
Icemanau

Try running a Dwg Audit over your project and then an Electrical Audit.

They are found under Reports in the Project tab

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
James.Searing
in reply to: Icemanau

This is what I get when I run the Drawing Audit. The red lines don't exist, but they are showing up as unconnected and  I can not select them to delete them. Is this part of the issue?

Message 10 of 11
rhesusminus

Good news!

Somehow, you've managed to change the UCS (User Coordinate System), so that origo is somwhere other than WCS origo.

To fix this, type "UCS" on the command line, and just press enter twice to set the current UCS equal to WCS.

AutoCAD Electrical only works with the WCS (World Coordinate System).

If this is a problem with all your drawings, update your Drawing Template as well. You should also move your drawing frame down to the new origo.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 11 of 11
James.Searing

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Thanks so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost