AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire number location seems random

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
918 Views, 15 Replies

Wire number location seems random

Hello

I cannot seem to find an answer to my issue with ACADE 2014.  When I do an automatic drawing wide wire tag, the placement seems random.  Some are centered, some are at the end, some are above, some are below and some are way off the wire.  I can tell what wire goes where by selecting the wire number and seeing its anchor point.  Also I have seen the text justification is different.  I cannot seem to find the reason for this randomness.  My properties are set for Above the wire and centered.

Here is a minor example

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Here are my properties

Capture3.JPG

Thank you

Jack

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

Try unchecking the "Hidden on Network..." and "On per Wire Basis" options and see what happens.  They are normally inserted at the center of a wire segment, according to the sort order you have selected in Drawing Properties>Drawing Format.  On per Wire Basis numbers each and every wire in a network (a.k.a. node), so be sure that is really what you want.  Most desigers number on a per-network or per-node basis.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Doug

Nope that didn't work either.  It seems to not want to anchor on the center of wire when trying to place above or below.  If I do inline numbering it finds the center every time.

Thank you

Message 4 of 16
rhesusminus

The wires aren't several wires overlapping?

Can you post the drawing that the images above are from?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 16
dougmcalexander

Do you have SP1.1 installed?

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Here is a test diagram that is exhibiting the issue on my computer.

I am checking to see if I have SP1.1 we saw this on version 12 also but will check the service pack

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

Yes I have SP 1.1

Message 8 of 16
Tee.Dee

I get the same problem, it came up in another thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical-General/Wire-numbering-gone-crazy/td-p/4702441

Have not found a solution but it might give you some clue as to what is happening in your case.

Message 9 of 16
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: Tee.Dee

I looked at the drawing you posted and it does appear that the objects on layers that are turned off are affecting the location of the wire numbers. Freezing and locking the layers didn't resolve the issue. I will log this issue. 

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Wow, ok normally I find myself standing in the line of "oh that checkbox".

Thank you for your help on this.

Jack Colletta

Sent from iPhone
Visit our website: http://www.chep.com Confidentiality Notice: This email is intended only for the use of the party to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this email or its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

Pat

Do we have a status on this issue?

Thank you
Message 12 of 16
PatMurnen_Adsk

I logged the issue which means that it will be looked at and evaluated for upcoming releases or service packs. If you want to provide any information on how this affects your work and why it is important to you, I can add it to the logged issue. Sorry I don't have any more specifics on this.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 16
Icemanau

Do you by any chance have SNAP active when inserting the wire numbers.

If so, give it a try without the SNAP active and let us know what happens.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 16
mathalekar

Hello Jack,

We confirm the issue related to misplaced wire number is it is due to your numerous text with leaders residing in multiple layers. If i remove the all the leaders from the layers and clean the drawing the wire number placement is proper and as expected. Perhaps this is the workaround for now. We have registered the case at our end as Pat mentioned.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: mathalekar

We have tried to make a titleblock that was all incompassing.  We will go back and look at the title block.  Autodesk may want to post this as a possible issue for others that may do the same thing.

Thank you for putting this on your list of issues and I look forward for an update.

Jack Colletta

Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

Our biggest issue is that we released this title block to our OEM's to use so we can have each OEM follow our drawing standard. This issue can cause our OEM extra development time fixing the wire numbers that fly around the drawing.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost