AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Number Format Overide Between Drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
metal_pro2
356 Views, 3 Replies

Wire Number Format Overide Between Drawings

I need to be able to change wire number format for
1) wires in the same drawing and
2) wire between drawings

For example:
Sec(%A)=82
Sheet(%S)=DA
Wire number (%N)=x-y grid
Wire format is (%A%S%N)therefore the Wire number is 82DA39F

The customer wants the wire numbers shown as only the last 3 characters (39F) of the wire numbers for all wires on Sec 82 sheet DA. If this same wire is continued on another sheet (say 82DB) then it must display the full wire number on that other sheet.

If I use the format override when adding the wire number for this wire that continues on another sheet it must be changed on the source sheet by format override. However the customer wants only the last 3 characters displayed on the source sheet and 7 characters displayed on the destination sheet.

Anyone else had to do this or have a workaround?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JeffatSJE
in reply to: metal_pro2

This may not be the greatest work arround but here goes
use the first drawing wire number format on both drawings but on the second drawing turn the wire number layers plot off so you can still see the wire numbers but not when you plot. Then add dumb text to show the wire numbers you need on a non wire layer that will plot.
Message 3 of 4
romani.bogtour
in reply to: metal_pro2

Hi, 

Can i ask you how did you get the x-y cross reference to work, the 39F, i am having all sort of problems setting this up.

ACADE_ZI
Message 4 of 4
johnq
in reply to: romani.bogtour

Hi Romani

You might like to refer to the above question from AMR85 above.  It could help.

Cheers  John q

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost