AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Number Format different for Similar Drawings

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jmterlap
370 Views, 5 Replies

Wire Number Format different for Similar Drawings

I have two drawings that were created by two different people.  When I try to asssign a wire number to Dan's drawing, it omits the Installation Code.  When I add it to John's drawing, it works correctly and shows %I-%S%N.

The project and drawing settings for the wire number are both set to %I-%S%N.

Any idea why one drawing would only show -%S%N and omit the Installation code?

I tried to add my wdp file to the post, but I got a "The Contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type".

Thanks for any help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: jmterlap

Dan's dwg is probably missing the data in the INST field in the DWG properties.

Check the dwg properties of both dwgs for the INST and LOC codes and correct as needed.

To attach a wdp file, you can either change the extension and note in the post to change it back or zip/rar it using winzip or winrar.

Regards Brad.

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
jmterlap
in reply to: Icemanau

I thought that was the initial problem, but both drawings have the Installation code defined.

Message 4 of 6
Icemanau

Check the ladder settings.

The wire number setting in the LADDER attribute in Dan's Dwg is %A-%S%N, while in John's it is set to %I-%S%N.

Let us know if that fixes the problem.

If all else fails, you can always use the automatic wire numbering tool and select the Format Override to get the required number.

Regards Brad

>

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
jmterlap
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks ICEMANAU,  That was the problem. 

A few follow-up questions:

1. When you insert the ladders, it appears that they take the default dwg setting for the wire format?

2. The ladder setting overrides the default dwg setting, so this seems like a good way to customize wire numbers if needed?

Message 6 of 6
Icemanau

Both of those statements appear to be correct.

I don't use the ladder system all that much as I tend to do a lot of 3 phase CT connection dwgs for 11/33kV systems as well as complex control systems for the MV breakers. This means that I end up removing more rungs from a ladder than actually using. It's quicker for me to just draw the seperate wires.

I was aware that the ladders had the capability to set their own wire number format. I just turned all the attributes on and checked the values.

Regards Brad

>

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost